Loan Review Officer
Company: Heartland Financial Usa, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
HTLF is a diversified financial services company headquartered
in Dubuque, Iowa. We deliver community banking at scale by powering
our geographically diverse group of banks with technology,
efficiency and strength - giving local decision-making the
opportunity and insights to focus on customers and growth.
Relationships have been the core of our company since its founding
in 1981. We're deeply invested in the communities we serve, and
that's why our clients choose us as their banking partners.
What's different about a career at HTLF? We believe our
employees and their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills
are our greatest assets. We wouldn't be HTLF without the people
with whom we surround ourselves and empower to enrich the lives of
our customers, employees and communities. We're dedicated to making
HTLF the best place to work - where your opinions are valued, your
feedback and ideas are heard, and your opportunities for personal
growth and professional development are endless.
THIS IS A REMOTE WORKING OPPORTUNITY.
The Loan Review Officer participates in activities designed to
measure, monitor and report the level of credit risk and loan loss
exposure in the loan portfolios of each of the member banks through
the ongoing analysis of financial, economic and transaction risks
identified within the portfolio.
- Independently evaluates individual loans to ensure that
acceptable credit standards are maintained, loans are properly
structured and conform to established policies and approved
- Independently evaluates the overall credit worthiness and
repayment capacity of a borrower, including analyzing complex
financial statements and ensuring that loans are accurately risk
- Monitors loan portfolio trends and communicates loan review
observations to assigned banks and other areas within the
organization as appropriate.
- Determines that credits are properly administered in accordance
with credit approval authorizations and documented loan terms.
- Assesses the adequacy of loan documentation, file completeness
and overall portfolio management practices.
- Monitors problem loans, including attending monthly meetings
with assigned banks and credit administration, to discuss sub rated
credits and to assess the adequacy of the actions being taken.
- Provides a high level of service to the assigned banks by
proactively gaining knowledge of the changing market conditions
within the assigned bank markets.
- Completes various due diligence projects related to mergers and
acquisitions as assigned.
- Performs portfolio analysis identifying trends and/or
concentrations in banks, industry groups, loan products and
- Assists in the preparation of other management reports and
special projects related to loan portfolio quality as
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it
relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This job has no management responsibilities.
- Bachelors Accounting, Finance or
- equivalent years of experience required
- 5-7 years of banking credit experience in commercial real
estate, commercial & industrial or agriculture lending
- Strong financial analysis skills including but not limited to,
determining liquidity adequacy, proper leverage and capitalization
levels, and cash flow coverage of borrower obligations
- Understanding of collateral valuation methodologies as well as
validation of those values
- Experienced in loan documentation and more specifically,
- Ability to assess specific risk associated with individual
loans, loan portfolio segments or broadly the loan portfolio
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions
- Ability to apply concepts of accounting in accordance with
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions finished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines, with
the ability to adapt within a changing environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Heartland Financial Usa, Inc., Boulder , Loan Review Officer, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!