Engineer Senior - Facilities Architect
Company: Ball Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For
more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with
us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role
in enabling efficient business and program execution - from
technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and
test operations, facilities management, and information technology
Engineer Senior - Facilities Architect
Go Beyond with Ball Aerospace Facilities Engineering Services
team! The Facilities Department is comprised of over 65 dedicated
Facilities professionals, supporting Ball Aerospace's two million
square feet of real estate over 39 properties in Colorado. This
established team of Facilities professionals is committed to
service and support, continuous improvement, and creating and
maintaining Facilities that enable world class engineers and
technicians to create a better, safer, and more informed and
Ball's Facilities Engineering Services team provides facilities
designs and engineering guidance across Ball campuses in
Westminster, Lafayette, Broomfield and Boulder. We are seeking a
candidate to be the architectural technical expert for the
Facilities organization. In this role, you will perform
architectural duties in planning, designing, overseeing
construction, and maintenance of building structures and
What You'll Do:
- Develop and maintain architectural standards for design and
- Develop and implement strategies to identify, monitor, and
repair architectural and code related issues with buildings.
- Complete code studies and provide guidance to Ball staff.
- Prepare statements of work to solicit design or construction
- Serve as the project design lead over multiple disciplines, on
design and construction projects, including leading design review
- Plan, budget, and manage facilities design and study efforts
including code analysis/studies.
- Manage outside design resources and specialty consultants to
execute projects and studies.
- Assist project managers during construction phase of projects
with Request for Information (RFI) and submittal review, as well as
- Provide technical guidance to consulting engineers, or Ball
personnel regarding design, construction, or program modifications
or repairs. This includes reviewing designs for quality,
effectiveness, and adherence to standards.
- Monitor and assess impact of regulatory changes related to
building and systems design.
- Mentor and guide less experienced personnel.
- Complete design tasks as needed. May include complete designs
for smaller projects or may be development of schematic
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with planning,
zoning, and building department officials.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master's Degree or
Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree
must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited
by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US
Department of Education.
- Degree in Architecture or Architectural Engineering
- Registered Architect is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of facility design (civil,
structural, mechanical, electrical, architectural).
- Expertise with building codes, ADA regulations, zoning
regulations, and development processes.
- Experience with design of secured spaces is highly
- Experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Proficient in the use of all the following: Microsoft Office
Suite, AutoCAD, Revit, and BIM.
- Proven history of using critical thinking skills to improve
processes/operations and increase efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to manage work schedule and meet
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation
demonstrated thru an ability to manage work schedule, manage
multiple projects and priorities.
- Proven history of implementation of safe workplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation
- Proven history of creating collaborative relationships across
the company and all levels of personnel.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $115,000 - $145,000 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For
details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your
browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball Corporation, Boulder , Engineer Senior - Facilities Architect, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!