Engineer II - Facilities Civil/Structural
Company: Ball Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For
more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with
us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role
in enabling efficient business and program execution - from
technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and
test operations, facilities management, and information technology
Engineer II - Facilities Civil/Structural
Go Beyond with Ball Aerospace Facilities & Support Services
team! The Facilities team is comprised of over 65 dedicated
Facilities professionals, supporting Ball Aerospace's two million
SF of real estate over 39 properties in Colorado. This established
team of Facilities professionals is committed to service and
support, continuous improvement, and creating and maintaining
Facilities that enable world class engineers and technicians to
create a better, safer and more informed and productive world.
Ball's Facilities Engineering Services team provides facilities
designs and engineering guidance across Ball campuses in
Westminster, Lafayette, Broomfield and Boulder. We are seeking a
candidate to be the civil/structural engineering technical expert
for the Facilities organization. In this role, the successful
candidate will perform structural/civil engineering duties in
planning, designing, overseeing construction, and maintenance of
building structures and facilities.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and maintain structural standards for design and
- Develop and implement strategies to identify, monitor and
repair structural issues with buildings.
- Prepare statements of work to solicit design or construction
- Take lead engineering role, with responsibilities for multiple
disciplines, and be the technical expert on construction
- Plan, budget and manage design and study efforts.
- Manage outside design resources needed to execute projects and
- Review new designs for quality, effectiveness and adherence to
- Provide technical guidance to consulting engineers, or in-house
managers regarding design, construction, or program modifications
or structural repairs.
- Perform structural analysis of existing building
- Monitor and assess impact of regulatory changes related to
building and systems design.
- Mentor and guide less experienced personnel.
- Complete design tasks as needed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master's Degree or
Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree
must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited
by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US
Department of Education.
- Degree in Civil Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineering license (PE) preferred.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of facility design (civil,
structural, mechanical, electrical, architectural).
- Working knowledge of building structures and components
including steel, cast-in-place concrete, precast and tilt-up
concrete, masonry, and light gauge systems.
- Working knowledge of building codes.
- Experience with design of secured spaces is highly
- Experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Proficient in the use of personal computer software such as:
Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD Revit, and BIM.
- Proven history of using critical thinking skills to improve
processes/operations and increase efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to manage work schedule and meet
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation
demonstrated thru an ability to manage work schedule, manage
multiple projects and priorities.
- Proven history of implementation of safe workplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation
- Proven history of creating collaborative relationships across
the company and all levels of personnel.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $92,000 - $114,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click
here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball Corporation, Boulder , Engineer II - Facilities Civil/Structural, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!