QC Inspector III - CMM Mechanical
Company: Ball Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For
more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with
us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role
in enabling efficient business and program execution - from
technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and
test operations, facilities management, and information technology
QC Inspector III - CMM Mechanical
You may be an experienced aerospace inspector, you may have been
in different industries such as medical or automotive, or you may
have even performed inspection activities without the inspector
title. Do you have the passion to grow and hone your craft in
Aerospace manufacturing? Do you want to broaden your scope of
knowledge of mechanical inspection and materials that make
technology operate and that support National Defense and the
warfighter? If you answered yes, then this may be the aerospace
inspection position for you!
In this position you will build on your inspection experience of
mechanical inspection, programming coordinate measurement machines
(CMM) and optical CMMs, and abilities to do open setup measurement
on all sorts of components and machined parts made from a variety
of metals and plastics. Your experience will facilitate review and
comprehension of material and process certifications and you will
quickly become proficient in systems that plan and control
manufacturing, part specifications, engineering drawings, and
This is the front end of the Integrated Supply Chain - where all
the material enters the business and you are a key part of the
material verification process that reduces the risks to programs
and our customers. You will ensure our suppliers are providing
components and assemblies that meet Ball's requirements, prevent
malicious and counterfeit goods from affecting programs, and will
help our nation and the warfighter by providing the best possible
What You'll Do:
- Inspect incoming mechanical material and articles for
conformance to purchase order requirements, engineering drawings,
and specifications using visual, mechanical and machine test
- Verify received products meet the requirements of process
standards and specifications utilizing various mechanical
inspection equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, thread gages,
magnifiers, microscopes, CMMs, and non-contact optical CMMs.
- Create and utilize programmable CMMs using PC-DMIS and/or
- Utilize optical comparators and more advanced mechanical
inspection tools and gages.
- Accept or reject material or articles and to identify and
document anomalies and non-conformances.
- Create and maintain inspection records utilizing many different
electronic information systems.
- May become certified to detect counterfeit parts and prevent
them from entering the manufacturing process.
- Obtain and maintain all process certification required for
- May learn and maintain certification for J-STD-001 &
IPC-600/610/620 for printed wiring boards and assembly
- May learn and utilize x-ray florescence testing to determine
material composition and alloy and identify prohibited materials
and metal alloys.
- Mentor junior staff and provide input on process
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related
experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's,
may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Demonstrated experience doing inspection activities and be able
to articulate your experience recording inspection results,
performing inspection operations, interpreting specifications, and
using electronic information systems.
- Ability to describe how you use your good problem-solving
abilities, your mechanical aptitude, and your training to tackle
tough inspection challenges and how you have improved over your
- Experience and training in CMM programming and Geometric
Dimensioning and Tolerancing to ASME Y14.5.
- Ability to learn electronic information systems and tools. This
is often rooted in good computer skills and aptitude.
- Ability to understand and consistently follow work instructions
- Good physical dexterity and coordination to safely handle
parts, color vision/discrimination, and visual acuity for small
- Ability to use microscopes and magnifiers and handle very small
- Ability to professionally communicate in both written and oral
- Proficiency using Windows and common Microsoft Office
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory,
cleanroom, or production floor.
- May need to support first or second shift, based on business
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $23.56 - $31.73 per hour (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For
details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your
browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball Corporation, Boulder , QC Inspector III - CMM Mechanical, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!