Senior Project Engineer - Spacecraft Engineering
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather
forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver
actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our
freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more
information, visit or connect with us on , , or .
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational
talent and technical leadership that enables the successful
delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our
customers missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are
committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong
Senior Project Engineer Spacecraft Engineering
What Youll Do
- Rapidly generate spacecraft design conceptsin response to
internal and external customer inquiries (RFIs). Engage with
subsystem SMEs as needed to complete concepts.
- Produce typical RFI response artifacts, including technical
writeups/descriptions; heritage assessments; functional block
diagrams; performance budgets (power, mass, propellant,
control/knowledge, and link); CAD renderings of concept.
- Generate ROMs for spacecraft efforts for CST, CAST, and ND
business units, adapting the BCP standard product offering to each
mission need/customer terrain.
- Present/support presentation of concepts to customers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately
with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What Youll Need
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 16 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for 2 years of related experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Experience with CAD (preferably Solid Works) is strongly
- Ability to work well with ambiguity, rapidly changing
- Knowledge of spacecraft AI&T is desired, to be able to
write about it, cost it, and design for manufacturability.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Future Clearance Required:
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not
required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must
be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an
offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable
clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to
complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to
evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security
clearance or government customer access associated with this
Relocation for this position is notavailable.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $159,000 - $200,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click to
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball, Boulder , Senior Project Engineer - Spacecraft Engineering, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!