Service Excellence for an Inspired Future
The City of Boulder is a great place to live, work, grow and
With over 300 miles of dedicated bikeways and more than 150
miles of hiking trails, Boulder values active lifestyles and access
to nature. Forty-five thousand acres of land provide open space for
parksanda green belt around the city.? With world-class restaurants
and art and music venues, The City of Boulder values diverse
Respect is one of our five?City Values? (including Customer
Service, Collaboration, Integrity,and Innovation) and we are
committed to equity, diversity,and inclusion. We celebrate and
support our differences across all spectrums, including but not
limited to ethnicity, gender, age,disability,and sexuality. Through
our focus on?Racial Equity, our?employee benefits,? and the many
programresources we offer our staff, we continually strive to weave
respect for one another into the fabric of our organization.?
Add your voice and talents to the City of Boulder and help us
grow in service excellence for an inspired future.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
The City of Boulder's fun and popular gymnastics program is
offering an opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to join
ourteam andmake a difference in our community by helping young
athletes develop and grow.? This position offers the chance to join
an inspired and dedicated coaching staff and become an integral
part of our team.? Our coaches take a collaborative
approachindeveloping our athletes and show a strong commitment to
our participants and each other.
ESSENTIALJOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Teachgymnastics topreschool children ages 2- 5years old.
* Teach school-aged, recreational gymnastics, ages6 and
* May coachXcelgirls'teamsorboys'competitiveprogramafter proven
job performanceor experience.
* Equipment set up, maintaining roll sheets, and communicating
* Takeproper safety precautions, anticipateunsafe circumstances,
and actaccordingly to prevent accidents andinjuries.
* Adhere to all COVIDprotocol
Immediate Coaching Needs:
* Recreation(Girls & Boys)
* Girls Xcel Bronze/Silver
PreferredWeekly Hours = 10 hoursor more
* M 2:30 - 6:30pm
* T 2:30 - 6:30pm
* W 3 - 5:30pm
* TH 2:30 - 6:30pm
* F 3 - 5:30pm
* Responsibility:Ability to evaluate conditions in assigned
areas and make judgments related to safety. Understanding and
observing participant behavior and monitoring exertion levels.
Ability to keep accurate records, organize information, and follow
* Communication:Tactfully and effectively communicating with
participants, parents, & coordinators, with excellent customer
* Instructing:Strong understanding of basic gymnastics with the
ability to provide coaching feedback to participants while ensuring
proper class management tactics.? Ability to stay actively engaged
and assist with basic spotting of gymnastics skills.
* Teamwork:Ability to collaborate with coaching partners about
lesson plan ideas. Work closely with coordinatorsand floor leads.
Willingness to accept and provide feedback.
* Time Management:Understanding the importance of punctuality &
consistency. Being able to commit to the agreed-upon schedule.
* Acceptable background check information(if 18 years or older),
including criminal history.
* Previous experience working with preschool and school
* Current Red Cross or equivalent CPR & First Aid
* Prioror current member of USAG Gymnastics (USAG)
* Either as an athlete of professional member
* Prior experience performing or teaching gymnastics.
WORKINGCONDITIONS -Required Physical andMental Effort, and
In addition to the information listed in the required
qualifications sectionsabove, thereare clear conditions needed
toperform this job safely and effectively.
Physical andMental Effort:Must be able to set up and take
downgymnastics'equipment according to daily lesson plans. Ability
to lift a maximum of 110lbs.; lifting, carrying, walking,
kneeling,jumping,and standing. Sufficient clarity of
speech,hearing,or other communication capabilities that permits the
employee to communicate effectively on the telephone, via email,and
in person.Adequatevision or other powers of observation that
permits the employee to review, evaluate and prepare a variety of
written documents and materials.Must havemanual dexterity that
permits the employee to operate computer equipment and other office
equipment. Ability to work under stress, including but not limited
to,loudstimuliin the gym, fast-paced work environment, constant
customer service, physical movement,and changing priorities and
Work Environment:Works in a setting subject to continuous
interruptions and background noises.
Machines and equipment used include but are not limited to the
following:Frequently uses gymnastics equipment, standard office
equipment, telephones,and Microsoft Team and/or Zoom for virtual
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AND ACCOMPLISH:
* Opportunity to coach in our recreation program (preschool &
* Expand yourcoachingskillset, so you have the qualificationsto
teach higher-level gymnastics, such as Xcelgirls'andboys'teams.
* Knowledge of eventschedulingand lesson planning
* Proper gymnastics progression thatallowsathletes to advance
through our program.
The City of Boulder provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or
any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local