Research Engineer - Sr. Research Engineer - Space technologies - Boulder, Colorado
Company: Southwest Research Institute
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Who We Are:
Join the team that is building NASA science missions in a
multidisciplinary environment. Our team develops state of the art
instruments and missions to answer the most challenging science
Objectives of this Role:
- Participate in the design, assembly, test, and operational
deployment of remote sensing spaceflight instrumentation.
- Support the design, development, testing, and deployment of
photodetectors used in various types of spaceflight instrumentation
employing response across multiple different wavelength bands that
include UV, visible, and near IR.
- Support proposals to a variety of clients.
- Serve as a reviewer as need for engineering reviews.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Develop detector and instrument test programs and analyze the
results of instrument testing at both the component and system
- Design detector and instrument systems for spaceflight remote
- Support integration of instrument systems into spacecraft
and/or larger units.
- Conduct internal research and development of spaceflight
instrumentation including detectors, electronics, optical systems,
power supplies, and command and data handling systems.
- Requires a Masters degree with a 3.00 GPA in Electrical
Engineering or Aerospace Engineering Degree
- 1 year : Electrical or Aerospace engineering experience,
directly related graduate work may be considered in lieu of some
- Spaceflight hardware development
- Optical instrument development and test
- Spaceflight Detector system development with experience in UV,
visible, and/or near IR passpands
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Keywords: Southwest Research Institute, Boulder , Research Engineer - Sr. Research Engineer - Space technologies - Boulder, Colorado, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!