Engineer Senior - Space Vehicle
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI
CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For
more information, visitBall Aerospace Career Site or connect with
us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the
organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the
successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for
our customers missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams
are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and
Engineer Senior Space Vehicle
Space Vehicle Engineer in support of Factory Reach-back and
Operations and Maintenance Sustainment
What Youll Do:
- Support factory mission control and operations engineering by
ensuring consistent application of Ball mission operations
processes and product standards.
- Participate in on-orbit operations, assess vehicle state of
health and assist with anomaly investigations and responses
- Perform day to day trending, alarm management, and analysis of
- Plan, schedule and coordinate spacecraft orbit adjustments,
calibrations and maintenance activities with site operations,
customer and factory support.
- Make modifications to existing operations procedures to
incorporate lessons learned from in-flight performance.
- Provide training to Spacecraft System Operators on bus and
- Face-to-face interaction with customers and contractors to
respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings,
technical interchanges and enterprise working groups
- Support to operational validation of releases, database
maintenance, user administration, investigation of system anomalies
and the raising, tracking and regression testing of Anomaly
- Operate Spacecraft Simulators in a Linux environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit
and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to
maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What Youll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Masters Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- A TS/SCI Security Clearance with CI Poly required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ground systems for spacecraft
- Experience with on-console flight operations and ground support
- Experience supporting system engineering of ground systems
development efforts including meeting cost, schedule, and
- Experience with Software Development Plans and Software
- Knowledge of systems engineering roles and functions, including
operations concept development, requirements management, functional
analysis, interface definition and control, synthesis, and/or
verification and validation.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on technical and management
efforts currently underway.
- Knowledge of related disciplines in software engineering,
hardware engineering, integration, test engineering, quality
engineering, configuration/data management.
- Experience in developing specifications, design and analysis,
documentation, and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication
skills, oral presentation skills, and an ability to lead group
- Effectiveness in working with people at all levels and with
outside customers, able and willing to contribute wherever and
however needed, provide leadership and guidance to program
activities and staff.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government
customer access meets the requirement for this position will be
Relocation for this position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500
(Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and
alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Details
are available on our careers site or by clickinghere .
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Boulder , Engineer Senior - Space Vehicle, Other , boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!