Project Engineer II - Manufacturing
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather
forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver
actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our
freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more
information, visit or connect with us on , , or .
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in
enabling efficient business and program execution from technologies
and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations,
facilities management, and information technology services.
Project Engineer II - Manufacturing
What Youll Do:
- Maintain necessary certifications, calibrated equipment,
compliance to BATC property system, and timecard policies.
- Maintain a predictable work schedule which supports our
operations, including communication of planned and emergency leave
with a back-fill plan.
- Maintain compliance to BATC material business policies (MMAS,
- Demonstrate compliance to inventory control (including WIP and
Value added transfers). Demonstrate appropriate use of IFS in an
effort to reduce unnecessary procurement demand or
- Lead a multi-discipline team to meet cost, schedule, and
technical requirements for assigned projects.
- Lead teams in the design, development, and execution of
innovative research projects.
- Apply and/or develop highly advanced technologies, scientific
principles, theories and concepts.
- Design, research and develop highly advanced new applications
resulting in new product/business opportunities for the
- Act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with
the development and implementation of operational programs.
- Plan R&D programs and recommend technological application
programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
- Develop information that extends knowledge in a given field.
Information may form the basis of newly developed concepts,
theories and products.
- Lead and/or direct group discussions. Organize and direct
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What Youll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Masters Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Manufacturing or Operations management background with a strong
technical background in Manufacturing or Design Engineering is
- Functional management experience is highly desired
- Competence at the highest levels in one or more technical
fields, has intuitive feel in technical areas, establish
requirements for the producibility of designs, and for cost,
budget, and schedule constraints.
- Ability to work multiple activities and programs, and work all
aspects of a new business effort across all engineering
- Exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and
- Effectiveness in providing leadership at all levels and with
outside customers, see the big picture and initiate action wherever
needed that are not clearly defined, able to influence program
outcomes and customer requirements, and negotiate new business
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Exceptional presentation skills.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory,
cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is notavailable.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $128,500 - $162,000 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For
details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or
visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball, Boulder , Project Engineer II - Manufacturing, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!