Payload Project Engineer I - CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security
clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather
forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver
actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our
freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more
information, visit or connect with us on , , or .
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational
talent and technical leadership that enables the successful
delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our
customers missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are
committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong
Payload Project Engineer I CLEARANCE REQUIRED
What You'll Do:
- Work in a fast-paced team environment with other SEIT engineers
to integrate and test payload hardware.
- Provide ongoing inputs on the AI&T scope of work, schedule,
and cost to the Program Management Office including staffing
forecasts and labor hours, and other direct costs for executing
- Manage the execution of verification testing, including
functional, performance and environmental testing on payload
products. Lead engineers of all experience levels on successfully
executing through a challenging AI&T campaign.
- Use off-the-shelf and custom Special Test Equipment to test and
troubleshoot spaceflight payload hardware.
- Take a leadership role, working with engineers of other
disciplines to develop test sets tailored for the verification of
payload functional and environmental performance requirements.
- Write, review, update, and review integration and test
procedures as required by payload AI&T campaigns. Mentor and
coach junior engineers on preparing test procedures.
- Maintain fabrication and test engineering logs, records and
author test summary reports.
- Interface with internal company contacts and outside suppliers
and customers for technical exchanges of information. Take a
prominent role interfacing and coordinating with customers and
suppliers for program, design, and peer reviews.
- Provide technical oversight and support to teams of engineers
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Masters Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Software Engineering,
Systems Engineering, Thermal Engineering, or a related technical
field is preferred.
- Experience in the testing of spaceflight instruments or related
aerospace, electrical, mechanical, optical, or thermal hardware,
components and systems is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and test experience using software test automation
applications and tools such as COSMOS and LabVIEW is
- Experience in the design, development and validation of test
sets in cleanroom, laboratory, and/or production environments is
- Experience working in an ISO Class 7/8 cleanrooms in proximity
to sensitive electro-optic devices is desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills and work well in a team
- Proficiency in MS Office tools.
- Aerospace or military experience is desired but not
- Applicants selected may be subjected to a government security
investigation and may be expected to meet eligibility requirements
for access to classified information.
- Current Top-Secret security clearance is required.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
and clean room, and occasionally outdoors or in remote research
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government
customer access meets the requirement for this position will be
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $120,500 - $152,000 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For
details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or
visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball, Boulder , Payload Project Engineer I - CLEARANCE REQUIRED, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!