Supplier Quality Engineer I - Outsourced Assemblies
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather
forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver
actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our
freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more
information, visit or connect with us on , , or .
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in
enabling efficient business and program execution from technologies
and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations,
facilities management, and information technology services.
Supplier Quality Engineer I Outsourced Assemblies
As someone who has a few years of manufacturing and/or quality
engineering experience, a supplier quality engineering position
give you the opportunity to greatly expand the breadth of your
knowledge! This entry level Quality Engineer position introduces
you to the material flow, inspection processes, and technical
details products and raw materials used for manufacturing. The
quality engineer resolves delivery issues, makes recommendations
for corrective actions, and begins the progression to supply base
expertise and supplier process understanding. You will need to be a
self-starter who has a thirst for knowledge, a desire to learn and
improve systems and products. This can be a great career entry
point to the Aerospace and Defense industry that will prepare you
for multiple paths in manufacturing, engineering, supply chain, or
In this position, you will be a part of the front end of the
Integrated Supply Chain where production material is sourced, where
it enters the product realization process, and upon where the
company relies to ensure compliant parts are delivered on time. You
will be a part of Balls procurement risk management that enables
our competitive edge and reduces the risk to programs, our
customers, and the warfighter.
What Youll Do:
- Learn and manage suppliers on the Outsourced Assemblies team
assuring delivered Connectors, Cables, PWAs, PWBs, and Ceramic
components and assemblies meet Ball Standards and
- Learn the commodities with specialization in one or more of the
areas and become a subject matter expert.
- Build on your knowledge of electronic manufacturing information
systems including the Quality Management System (QMS),
Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) system, Product Data
Management (PDM) system, and other various databases that control
and monitor supplier performance.
- Perform supply chain quality engineering functions including
supplier evaluations, on-site system assessments, product
realization capability and capacity reviews, and supplier
corrective actions (SCARs).
- Learn the technical specifications and manufacturing processes
involved to realize the components and/or assemblies of the
- Become knowledgeable in counterfeit part prevention in the
supply chain and assess suppliers systems for suitability.
- Become knowledgeable in supplier cybersecurity systems, risk
management, and root cause and corrective action processes.
- Support and work cross-functionally with engineering, supply
management, inspection and production for all phases, systems,
programs and/or products from less complicated, single focus
activities to extremely complex and highly diverse activities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What Youll Need:
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field plus2 or more
years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Masters Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Familiarity of manufacturing and/or quality systems.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team as well as
- Ability to communicate professionally in both written and oral
- Ability to create presentations, analyze and summarize data,
and compose technical documentation/reports.
- Ability to travel to suppliers up to 40%, if required.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with IPC 600/610/620 workmanship requirements,
J-STD-001, NASA 8739 solder standards, and electronic components
- Working knowledge of ISO and AS9100 requirements
- Experience in performing on-site quality system surveys and
evaluating suppliers' ability to produce the needed products,
processes or services preferred.
- Experience and proficiency with SharePoint, Oasis, Costpoint,
and Advanced Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Experience with Statistical Process Control, LEAN, Six Sigma,
and ASQ certifications preferred.
- Preference given for previous component inspection
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $76,000 - $94,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click to
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball, Boulder , Supplier Quality Engineer I - Outsourced Assemblies, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!