Project Engineer I - Space Systems Simulators
Company: Ball Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For
more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with
us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the
organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the
successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for
our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams
are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and
Project Engineer I - Space Systems Simulators
Reporting to the Manager of Simulators, this position has
responsibility for leading simulator development on a specific
What You'll Do:
- Provide a dedicated interface to a spacecraft program including
the customer, peer subsystems and program management
- Maintain cost & schedule baselines with the program including
earned value & contract changes
- Present simulator design at PDR/CDR as well as business reviews
(IBR/BMR) & status at PMR and other internal & external program
- Lead simulator activities throughout the lifecycle of programs
including proposals, design, production, acceptance and on orbit
- Develop requirements, verification & validation products
necessary to sell off simulators for both internal and customer
- Coordinate program specific needs & resolve
cost/schedule/technical issues to the satisfaction of all
- Provide leadership with the program's flight subsystems to
integrate software and/or hardware components into a cohesive
- Proactively identify customer needs & find ways to make
simulators part of the solutions to their problems
- Provide early identification of issues that would prevent
simulators from meeting both their requirements and the customer's
- Additional opportunities may include:
- Communicate a vision of the system architecture to Ball
engineers, and lead multi-disciplinary teams across multiple
organizations in detailed design, analysis, and optimization of the
candidate systems and subsystem performance and operation.
- Act as mentor for several other systems & software
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit
and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a
positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Active Top Secret clearance is highly desirable
- Ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is
- Software project management experience on Agile teams.
- Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Software architectural and development experience using
technologies such as C/C++, Matlab, Simulink, Python, Ruby,
JIRA/Atlasian, GIT, SVN, Doors, AWS, or Docker.
- 5 or more years of experience as a technical lead in software,
spacecraft or instrument programs or related fields.
- Experience in software engineering or space hardware is
desired, including, but not limited to: Systems architectures,
including both space and ground segments; flight systems design,
systems engineering, as well as integration & test.
- Proven leadership and management skills for large and small
- Excellent communication skills are essential, including the
ability to understand the customer's needs and provide clear
communication of proposed solutions to both Ball management and the
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not
required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must
be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an
offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable
clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to
complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to
evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security
clearance or government customer access associated with this
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For
details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your
browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball Corporation, Boulder , Project Engineer I - Space Systems Simulators, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!