Project Engineer II - Spacecraft RF Telecom IPT Lead
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph
security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather
forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver
actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our
freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more
information, visit or connect with us on , , or .
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational
talent and technical leadership that enables the successful
delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our
customers missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are
committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong
Project Engineer II - Spacecraft RF Telecommunications
This leadership position is for an experienced engineer or manager
who can help the RF Communications (Comm) subsystem team manage the
cost, schedule, and hardware content for spacecraft efforts across
the company. This position is 70% management and 30% technical.
What Youll Do:
- Cost account manager and project engineer.
- Serve as program subsystem IPT Lead, providing leadership to
team of 5+ engineers and ensuring cost, schedule, and technical
execution goals being met.
- Communicate and collaborate with program and systems
engineering leadership to accomplish mission objectives for RF
telecommunications subsystems on space vehicles.
- Establish strong vendor relationships for antennas (LGAs,
HGAs), active components (amplifiers, transmitters, receivers,
transponders) and passive components (triplexers, rotary joints,
waveguides, coax cables).
- With technical support, manage sub-vendor performance to ensure
the delivery of conforming hardware to be integrated as a
- Prepare and manage hardware definition and interfaces. A strong
hardware background is required.
- Perform extensive technical writing (Contractual elements,
procedural definitions, specifications, interfaces, analysis
support and description documents).
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and
customers regarding plans; subsystem design, development, risks,
and opportunities; and status against established performance
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What Youll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Masters Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Minimum of 4 years of direct experience in RF Component or RF
Comm Subsystem Design or Test.
- An understanding of all aspects of planning, scheduling,
hardware specifications, and interface control.
- Previous earned value management experience is desired.
- Experience in subcontract management.
- Experience with defining, developing and delivering space
- Intellectual curiosity combined with a strong desire to
- Good oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Experience in multidisciplinary teamwork environment with small
team leadership responsibilities.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government
customer access meets the requirement for this position will be
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $142,000 - $179,000 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For
details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or
visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball, Boulder , Project Engineer II - Spacecraft RF Telecom IPT Lead, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!