Critical Infrastructure Engineer I
Company: Zayo Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world's most
impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming
our society. Zayo's 133,000-mile network in North America and
Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of
buildings and data centers. Zayo's communications infrastructure
solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths,
Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and
wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and
other large enterprises.
Tier 2 support 24X7X365 to Field Operations and NCC and overall
management/oversight of all Critical Infrastructure (CI) equipment:
AC power distribution, buildings, grounding, fire systems,
Uninterruptable Power Systems (UPS), DC Power Plant Systems, and
Cooling systems to ensure operational integrity, improve efficiency
and reduce operational costs.
- Manage Contracted Maintenance vendors for callout repairs, and
quoted service repairs on CI systems to include invoicing and
quoted PR submittals.
- Development for best Operating practices, and standards,
- Write Method of Procedures (MOPs) for all CI equipment repairs
- Ensure all maintenance activities are performed in accordance
with approved MOPs.
- Evaluate vendor/contractor field service reports describing all
activities (preventive maintenance, repairs, etc.) performed on the
- Resolve operational deficiencies discovered on Preventive
Maintenance Inspections (PMI) and on Contractor PMs.
- Assists Field Operations and NCC/NOC technicians with Operation
Support issues, that may require vendor or manufacturer
- Develop reliability reports to assist in identifying areas of
concern that could develop into future problems.
- Subject Matter Expert on CI equipment issues for all PG's and
advises them on solutions for technical problems or barriers.
- Manage all CI augment projects (CapEx/OpEx) to affect break/fix
- Environmental Compliance and to ensure all permitting is
- CI Equipment inventory accuracy and Data Integrity in SF and
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, and or Civil Engineering or
- 3+ years in a telecommunications of all Critical Infrastructure
(CI) equipment: AC power distribution, buildings, grounding, fire
systems, generators, ATS/ MTS, Uninterruptable Power Systems (UPS),
DC Power Plant Systems, and Cooling systems to ensure operational
integrity, improve efficiency and reduce operational costs
- Experience in Microsoft Office, SalesForce, and Database
- Project Management experience required
- Competitive compensation
Base salary range: $68,696-$74,856
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary
quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are
based on the performance of the Company, an employee's business
segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k),
disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental
Keywords: Zayo Group, Boulder , Critical Infrastructure Engineer I, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!