Privacy Principal Product Manager Technical
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Amazon Advertising is committed to maintaining and advancing the
trust of our customers. We have a Customer Trust team that is
focused on advancing this commitment and raising the bar on our
advertising products and services through privacy, compliance,
security, ad quality, and engagement. We are looking for a seasoned
leader to help us lead and further develop our privacy program. The
role has impact across everything we do in Advertising and is
highly visible to executive leadership on an ongoing basis.
- You will work across multiple teams to define roadmaps, analyze
the privacy industry and competitors, and help launch brand new
features and services.
- Demonstrate sound product management skills (analytical,
business judgment, communication, product discipline) to gain
customer trust with customers and credibility with
- You will maintain an intense customer-focus.
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical and detailed
- Develop and execute scalable product requirements - be a
- Drive cross-functional projects to completion.
- Collaborate with the Privacy Tech & Engineering and Policy
teams to implement privacy solutions and products.
- Ensure our products are designed, operated, maintained and
protected to maintain customer trust.
- Own delivering key customer privacy features and multiple
critical team goals enabling teams across Advertising to improve
our privacy posture.
- Drive innovative solutions to challenging advertising problems
with a well-reasoned and customer-obsessed vision, roadmap, and
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Above all, you feel strongly about building and preserving
- Ability to deal with a great deal of ambiguity and the ability
to simplify complex issues (some highly technical including ML so
needs good tech aptitude).
- Work well in ambiguous situations and are able to formulate
direction and lead internal Advertising resources, external
partners and customers through the engagement lifecycle.
- Strategic thinker who can demonstrate understanding of
requirements, foresee risks, make decisions guided by policies,
procedures, customer needs, and business plan with limited
You may already know if you are a fit, but perhaps you are
worried about advertising related experience requirements. Don't be
- we are looking for smart, proven adept individuals; if you are
the right candidate, we are flexible.
- 8+ years of technical product management, program management or
- 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience leading engineering discussions around technology
decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of experience in ad tech, advertising or a regulated
- 4+ years of experience in privacy.
- Master's degree in Business, Computer Science or related
- Demonstrated track record of leading a medium to large-scale
'program' from conception through completion, demonstrating
multi-functional skills to make it successful.
- Deep understanding of concepts and technology related to
Advertising including Programmatic and Digital advertising.
- An innate ability to handle multiple contending priorities in
an energizing environment, with demonstrated ability for being
detail-oriented, self-motivated and driving follow-through.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities: must
effectively communicate with technical and non-technical
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around
technology decisions and strategy related to a product.
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, design,
product, and project management counterparts to deliver
- Passionate about generating big, creative ideas to
differentiate in the market, growing the business and working with
advertisers and agencies to build innovative products.
- Ability to establish and manage projects and initiatives
against a set of key metrics and goal.
- Ability to propose complex solutions and explanations in
This position starts at $123,300/yr. A sign-on bonus and
restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation
package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other
benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information
regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits.
Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Boulder , Privacy Principal Product Manager Technical, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!