Senior Business Partner - Engineering and Product
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At
Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate
the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world's
leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end
customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized
experiences that customers have now come to expect-improving
satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and
contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified,
enabling us to put our values into action by not only making
decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our
customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Senior Business Partner - Engineering and
Product to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals
for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Support the CTO and their direct reports by bridging
communication gaps and helping execute company and people
initiatives across the CTO's org.
- Conduct weekly meetings with respective business units across
individual contributors and leadership.
- Consult with line management, providing HR guidance when
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to
develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct
effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to
day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and
ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line
management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development,
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work
relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Advise and follow processes related to promotions and
- Assist international employees with visa concerns and related
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures,
workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs
to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value
alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us,
still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
The Senior People and Culture Business Partner position is
responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and
management in our engineering and product teams. This highly
critical position reports to the VP of People & Culture and
formulates partnerships across the people function to deliver
value-added service to management and employees that reflect the
goals, mission, and values of Uplight. The Sr. BP maintains an
effective level of business literacy about the business unit's
financial position, its midrange plans, its culture, and its
What you bring to Uplight:
- Minimum of 12 years of experience resolving complex employee
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines,
including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis,
employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal
and state respective employment laws
- Experience working in a fast-paced, rapid growth software
- Specific Business Partner experience working with product and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate
sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances,
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the
organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation
practices, and the administrative practices related to those
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional team player.
- Proficient with Macs, Microsoft, or related software.
- Familiar with HRIS and engagement systems.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), SHRM Senior Certified
Professional (SHRM-SCP), or comparable credential or ability to
obtain certification within one year of employment.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits,
that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 400+ purpose-driven individuals helping to
create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career
- Take our work and mission seriously and.we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink (when our
Salary Range: $90,000 to $115,000 (dependent upon
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Tendril, Boulder , Senior Business Partner - Engineering and Product, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!