Posted on: May 3, 2021
About our company
Who are we?
Unsupervised has pioneered a new type of Artificial Intelligence
that automatically finds insights in data, empowering companies to
make smarter, data-informed decisions, based on unsupervised
machine learning. Our mission is to create AI tools that empower
humans, not replace them.
We're tackling one of the biggest problems faced by companies
today -- data confusion and overwhelm -- with proven leadership, a
world-class team, and a game-changing product. Named a top Machine
Learning Vendor to watch in 2021 by Data Management Solutions
Review, there has never been a better time to join our growing team
and help navigate the uncharted waters of unsupervised data
About the role
Come work with us!
Join our fast-growing team as a customer-oriented Data Scientist
and work within a fantastic team. You'll work cross-functionally
with other Unsupervised teams and directly with our customers,
shepherding them on their journey with Unsupervised.
At Unsupervised, you'll be at the cutting edge of AI and data
analysis. You'll work with some of the world's largest and most
diverse companies, helping teams learn a new skill to make better
data-driven decisions. You'll work closely with the experts from
multiple fields, and you'll join a group of inquisitive,
collaborative, and caring individuals that genuinely give a darn
about helping our customers get real value from their data.
The Customer Data Scientist is a fantastic role for a proactive
and detail-oriented individual. As a customer-oriented Data
Scientist, you will plan, construct and manage a multi-stage
pipeline driven by the Unsupervised data ingestion and AI engines.
You will also provide advanced technical support and interface
directly with our customers as technical experts in our AI. You
will be integral to building trust in Unsupervised's ability to
unleash the power of their data and empower their teams using
data-driven decision-making, ultimately driving incredible ROI.
What you'll do
- Apply data science techniques to real-world data: from data
pipelining to cleaning to final results.
- Work cross-functionally with the account team to solve our
customer's business problems with data.
- Understand your customers and their industries, and ensure
their unique needs are always being discovered and addressed.
- Engineer new features to enrich already complex data.
- Develop intuition about different types of data and projects.
Guide the success team towards solutions.
- Build tools to automate enrichment for future projects. As the
primary user of our internal tools, you'll be uniquely positioned
to inform our product functionality.
- Champion continuous improvement by identifying and providing
recommendations for technical delivery processes.
What you'll bring
- Customer orientation. You have experience in data science
projects and interfacing with customers or key internal
- Results-driven. You're a natural-born executor who loves making
to-do lists and getting projects done. When you hit a problem, you
have 15 ideas for ways to fix it.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You
must communicate effortlessly and encouragingly with all users,
from technologists to VPs and CxOs
- Strong interpersonal skills. You will work closely and
productively with multiple stakeholders at each customer and
internally at Unsupervised.
- Strategic thinking. You strive to understand each customer's
unique organizational requirements and customize a project plan
that helps them quickly realize value while being set up for
- Accountability. You'll shoulder the technical responsibility of
making each customer successful and should both welcome that level
of ownership and love solving specific customer challenges.
- Process. You will have familiarity with the full software
project lifecycle, with a focus on implementation and
What you'll need
- 2-5 years of professional experience as an analyst or data
scientist, including engineering data and features.
- Experience with serving data science-related results with
Python, Pandas, NumPy, Jupyter, or similar.
- Experience working with customers, setting expectations, and
- Experience working with disparate enterprise data.
- Quantitative background via education or experience.
Candidates with the following will stand out
- Academic background related to Data Science (degrees in
Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar)
- Experience with real-world application of data science
- Experience working with enterprise data
- Algebraic Topology experience
- Understanding of principal component analysis
$80k - $110k+ equity
Perks & benefits
- Health: Top-of-the-line medical, dental, and vision
- Retirement Plan: 401K and employer matching contribution.
- Home office Stipend: Initial $1000 for an office setup and $100
monthly to cover ongoing remote expenses.
- Flexible + unlimited time-off policy: Plan ahead with your
team, take the time you need. Simple as that!
- Parental Leave: We offer 12 weeks of 100% paid time off for all
employees during the first year of parenthood. We encourage parents
to take time off to be with their families.
- Personal Development: All employees have access to a personal
coach through a professional coaching service.
- Headquarters: We have a beautiful office at the foothills of
the Rocky Mountains in Boulder, CO.
- Flexible work remotely arrangement for employees: Unsupervised
is a remote-friendly company - all year, every year.
Why join us?
Our mission is serious, but our culture is fun, collaborative,
authentic, and designed to care for the wonderful people who spend
time here. We think deeply about how we work and continuously build
a workplace that will improve your daily life and positively impact
Unsupervised is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that
diversity enriches the workplace, and we are committed to growing
our team with the most talented and passionate people from every
community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations
for qualified individuals. If you require assistance during the
application process due to a disability, please let us know.
Keywords: Unsupervised, Boulder , Data Scientist, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!