Sr. Technical Marketing Manager - IT Portfolio (Remote)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between
data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk
is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the
boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers
succeed. As the world's first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk
is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates
discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what
has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in
history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
As a Sr. Technical Marketing Manager (TMM) for Splunk's IT
portfolio you will help drive the technical sales strategy. In this
role, you will reinforce the technical value proposition of
Splunk's IT products and solutions, build supporting outcome-based
demos and tools, and present the products to prospects and
customers as well as at key industry events. You will also be
responsible for developing demonstration use cases that deliver a
value-based dialogue and showcase the product for appropriate use
cases and audiences. The role involves ownership and project
management of technical selling initiatives, such as those above,
working closely with other members of product marketing, sales
engineering, product management, and product engineering.
The position is remote, and is a great opportunity at a
fast-growing and dynamic enterprise technology company. Strong
experience in technical marketing or sales engineering within
enterprise software is critical.
- Product demonstrations: You will design, deliver, and train the
field on value-based demonstration of our products. You will also
create and maintain the official demo and video library of Splunk's
IT product portfolio. Duties also include developing demo scripts
and data sets, handling demo infrastructure logistics, maintaining
and updating demos, and providing technical support for
- Product evangelism: You will evangelize and demonstrate Splunk
products to analysts, prospects, and customers-in meetings,
webinars, seminars, at conferences and tradeshows, and anywhere
- Industry events: You will develop the demo and showcase
strategy of Splunk's products at industry events. You will also
attend tradeshows and other events to represent Splunk and
demonstrate our technology, and also plan the product showcase and
technical strategy of product-related events.
- Product launches: You will participate in product launches to
build technical product content (demos and videos), and where
necessary, develop messaging, pitch Splunk's technology to analysts
and press, develop product collateral and sales tools, and support
the launch plan.
- Sales tools: You will build technical product presentations,
whitepapers, product guides, product videos, technical briefs, and
other tools to enable sales teams to sell the Splunk for IT story
- Product positioning: You will connect IT market and technology
trends with Splunk's technology to build technical product
positioning and messages for key use cases.
- Partnerships: You will support partnership-related TMM
- 6+ years of experience in technical product marketing, product
management, or sales engineering in enterprise software.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience installing, using and
configuring a combination of Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Cloud,
Splunk IT Service Intelligence, SignalFx Infrastructure Monitoring,
SignalFx Microservices APM and/or VictorOps, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of IT industry and/or practitioner (SRE, developer,
software engineering, platform engineering, CloudOps)
experience-preferably with hands-on experience using IT
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud
Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure (certification is preferred)
- Experience with various IT service monitoring tools like
ServiceNow, BMC Helix, and IBM Tivoli
- Hands-on experience working with modern programming languages
including: Python, SPL, SQL, Java, PHP, .NET, Ruby, Node.js, Go,
- Strong preference for applicants with hands-on experience
handling and supporting cloud infrastructure,
containers/Kubernetes, serverless functions, microservices and
distributed tracing, SaaS solutions and multi-tenant
- A knack for using new software tools-from video screen-capture
and editing, to collaboration software, and more.
- Strong ability to identify and tackle technical tasks related
to infrastructure, networking, and other areas, to improve software
- Passionate about groundbreaking technology, with strong written
and verbal communication skills.
- Experience establishing value and translating this to effective
technology-based demonstration use cases.
- Ability to effectively articulate and showcase technology with
flair, and to different types of audiences.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced,
innovative software company.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related
discipline or equivalent work experience,
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations
where required, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Splunk, Boulder , Sr. Technical Marketing Manager - IT Portfolio (Remote), Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!