QC Inspector I - Quality Assurance
Company: Ball Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For
more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with
us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit
provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success.
We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation
while improving the efficiency of the business through effective
governance and analysis of process, data and overall business
QC Inspector I - Quality Assurance
What You'll Do:
- Work rotating shift.
- Maintain working knowledge of Ball Process Library.
- Perform basic dimensional inspections using micrometers,
calipers, feeler gages, etc.
- Create and maintain First Article Inspection Reports, as
- Support Government and/or Customer Source Inspections, as
- Inspect incoming or production materials or articles for
conformance to engineering drawings, schematics, and
specifications; process standards and specifications; and
production or process plans.
- Perform incoming test of components. Monitor for conformance to
design or test specifications or standards.
- Accept or reject materials or articles; identify and document
non-conformance and notify appropriate personnel of potential
rejection of items.
- Refer/document unusual inspection problems to supervision, lead
or Project Quality Engineer.
- Apply/enforce/comprehend accept/reject criteria and revision
status from engineering drawings, MIL-specs, screening specs, or
process certification training.
- Witness or monitor functional/performance testing at
sub-assembly and/or end-item level.
- Obtain and maintain all certification process and/or NDT
certifications required for assigned tasks.
- Troubleshoot inspection problems related to fixtures, software,
drawings, documentation, or processes.
- Perform Final Inspection and review documentation required for
- Perform analytical investigations and report inspection
problems including trend analysis.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's,
may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory,
cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not
required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must
be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an
offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable
clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to
complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to
evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security
clearance or government customer access associated with this
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $17.07 - $22.60 per hour (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click
here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball Corporation, Boulder , QC Inspector I - Quality Assurance, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!