The University of Colorado Boulder and Housing and Dining
Services is seeking applications for a full time Head Line Cook,
which offers awesome benefits! This position is eligible for the
following benefits: EcoPass; 22 vacation days; access to medical,
dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement; a 10%
employer contribution retirement plan, and more!
This is a hands-on working culinary position that provides
oversight and leadership in assigned dining operations to the
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Campus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per
year for the students, staff, faculty, and guests of the
university. We are comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering
and Retail outlets which operate year-round. Campus Dining leads
the industry with outstanding quality food and exceptional dining
experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives
and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including
efforts in resource recovery, conservation, and food sourcing. Our
team is dedicated to providing options and information to all of
our guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including
vegan, vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong
allergen awareness program called A9 Identified.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Kitchen Prep and Operation:
- Prep, assemble and delegate food preparation tasks and the
setup and breakdown of production and service areas.
- Understand and utilize a variety of equipment and service
standards as appropriate while preparing, assigning, and delegating
- Follow and enforce food safety protocol in all areas of
oversight, while ensuring cleanliness and quality of Back of House
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills to assist with
customer needs and inquiries.
- Lead by example both in general work ethic and positive and
- Fully comprehend allergen labeling protocol, including
avoidance of cross contact, and report any concerns, while
following all ParTech and A9 procedures.
- Serves on the food safety response team, responding to all food
- Train new staff and student employees, while empowering them to
make decisions, and holding them accountable as needed.
- Partner with leadership to discuss staff issues, create break
schedules, and address holes in the personnel roster as
What You Should Know
This full-time position is eligible for the following
- EcoPass for free RTD rides.
- Paid days off: 22 vacation days, 15 sick leave days, and 10
- Access to Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- A 10% employer contribution retirement plan.
- Opportunity for career growth.
What We Can Offer
- The pay rate for this position is $14.31 per hour ($29,760
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including
medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO
Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest
employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher
education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado
Be Challenged. Be Unique. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Three years of food service experience. Education may
substitute for experience.
- Servsafe certified and or certificate appropriate for the
position level or the ability to obtain appropriate certification
within 6 months of hire, and maintain for duration of employment
What You Will Need
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with a
shown ability to effectively work in an environment with multiple
- Outstanding professionalism, communication and maturity in all
- Demonstrated ability to thrive independently as well as on a
- Sensitivity to, and appreciation of, cultural, political and
geographical differences while working with students, faculty, and
staff from around the world.
What We Would Like You To Have
- One year culinary experience in a fast-paced university or
institutional food service operation.
- Supervisory experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by May 2, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org