The Engineering Data Integration and Process Development
Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the creation of systems
to manage the flow of data between various engineering applications
in support of overall engineering, configuration management,
procurement, and production processes. This position is responsible
for ensuring data gathered in various systems is appropriate and
the configuration of these systems is coordinated to provide for
the efficient and effective flow of data.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
LASP leads with a science driven approach and is the only
research institute in the world that has sent at least one
instrument to the sun, the moon, every planet in the solar system,
Pluto, and beyond. We are a non-profit organization with over 500
professionals and over 100 students with broad technical
capabilities who highly value our culture of excellence.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Understand what data is collected in various systems and
understand its business use.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to understand their needs
so that new systems can be developed in an effective manner.
- Work with engineering managers and the Engineering Services
Manager to architect, design, and implement processes that support
the implementation of an ERP/MRP/MES tool.
- Create LASP process use cases for tool vendors to demonstrate
that their tools fulfill LASP requirements.
- Coordinate the integration of engineering tools to ensure that
the appropriate data is shared between systems in an efficient and
- Work with the mechanical engineering manager to ensure MCAD
data is captured to enhance the efficiency in which parts are
released and processed through production.
- Develop a methodology in which both fabricated and purchased
parts are planned to arrive in time for the start of assembly
- Develop a methodology to report on the procurement and
production status for assemblies, including availability and cost
- Work with the mechanical engineering manager to develop a
method of communicating materials and coatings data from Solidworks
into the as crafted and as built materials list.
- Work with project schedulers to determine a method of
integrating project schedules with a material management
- Develop user training material and train LASP engineers on new
processes and systems.
What You Should Know
Due to ITAR restrictions, only US Citizens and Permanent
Residents may be considered.
What We Can Offer
Salary Range is $98,500 to $125,000. Relocation eligible.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including
medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO
Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest
employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher
education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado
Be Driven. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 10+ years of experience in a combination of the following
areas: Configuration Management, Production Planning, Manufacturing
Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in an engineer-to-order or prototype engineering
- Experience implementing MRP, MES, or ERP systems or crafting
tool integration specifications.
- Experience with process development in engineering and or
What You Will Need
- Ability to foster relationships to accomplish desired
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team
- Ability to problem-solve to best satisfy competing
requirements; particularly in regards to CM best practices, product
BOM structures, and business practices pertaining to build and data
What We Would Like You To Have
- Advanced Excel Skills.
- PDM or MRP System Administration.
- Experience in the Aerospace Industry.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue
until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu