Company: Via Mobility Services
Posted on: June 9, 2021
TITLE: Trainer DEPARTMENT: Professional Development
LOCATION: Denver or Boulder Office DEADLINE: June 6th, 2021
SALARY RANGE: $17.25-25.00 per hour
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8 hour days (flexible start/end
The trainer trains, certifies and evaluates new drivers
according to an established training program and provides
retraining, recertification and return-to-service training when
determined necessary by the Safety Director and/or the Training
Coordinator. Assists the Safety Department as needed.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not
limited to, the functions outlined below.
- Conduct training classes for new drivers that include, but are
not limited to, the following; passenger assistance, safety and
sensitivity (PASS), defensive driving, transit security, driving
skills, vehicle inspections and operation, emergency evacuation,
transporting passengers with disabilities, map reading and
navigation, company policies and procedures, Federal Motor Carrier
Regulations, CDL prep, drug and alcohol awareness and biohazard
- Conduct retraining in specific areas for current drivers as
- Train and mentor drivers to become field trainers in their
- Provide return-to service training as necessary.
- Evaluate drivers on skills and recertify, when applicable.
- Complete all required paperwork and follow required
- Assist in the administration of the Continuing Education
- Develop and present materials for drivers meetings.
- Serve on committees, internal and external, as needed.
- Maintain complete and consistent records of training progress
and verify that trainees have met all requirements.
- Assist with compliance checks and best practice research for
the training program and implement changes as necessary.
- Administer and proctor exams.
- Serve as a consistent mentor and consultant to drivers and
- Data entry as needed.
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with
outside organizations, including but not limited to RTD, CASTA, and
- Attend meetings as directed.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with
all Via employees.
- Present and maintain a positive and professional image.
- Support operations when needed, i.e. accident response, drive
routes, passenger assistance.
- Other various duties and responsibilities as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be insurable as determined by Vias insurance carrier.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a valid DOT
Medical Examiners Certificate.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a valid State of
Colorado B-P2 Commercial Driver License.
- Working knowledge of all subject areas the trainer is assigned
- Computer literacy, working knowledge of Word, Excel, and
Via was born in 1979 as a way to promote independence and
self-sufficiency for people with limited mobility by providing
caring, customer-focused transportation options. We also serve our
community through volunteer driver training programs, disability
awareness education and advocacy, human service collaborations and
partnerships, community transit offerings and contracting
We are an EEO Employer
Keywords: Via Mobility Services, Boulder , Trainer, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!