Company: Golden West Communities, Inc
Posted on: June 9, 2021
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF OLDER ADULTS!
Join our team and help someone live their best life!
Full-Time (35 hours) With Benefits!
Saturday to Wednesday 8:30 - 4:30 (flexible)
Wage: $16-$18 per hour based on experience
Due to Covid19, there are some adjustments to regular
activities. All activities are done virtually. This includes Zoom,
FaceTime, YouTube, Camera etc. Being comfortable using these
programs is preferred. We use an In-House TV system as well. We are
also managing all family visits within the guidelines of the state
for our residents.
OVERALL JOB OBJECTIVE:
The Resident Programs Coordinator plans, organizes, implements
and evaluates the activities and special events for the Mezzanine -
Assisted Living at Golden West with oversight and guidance from the
Director of Resident Programs. This position is also the volunteer
coordinator and responsible for the recruitment, training and
supervision of a "team" of resident and community volunteers, with
oversight and guidance from the Director. As part of the
Administrative Team, the Coordinator works closely with the other
team members to help deal with issues and concerns regarding the
overall function of the Resident Activities Program for the entire
community, and participates in the "Activities Team" of staff and
volunteers to help plan, implement and coordinate resident
activities and programs.
- Participates as an active member of the administrative team.
Displays professional behavior, attitude and appearance at all
times and actions are focused on fulfilling the organization's
goals and mission.
- Ability to work well with other departments and to communicate
effectively and in a timely manner with other departments to ensure
events and activities have appropriate setups.
- Meet with the Director of Resident Programs on a regular basis
and as needed for Program planning and to help coordinate large
- Plan and implement a monthly calendar of activities including
physical, social, spiritual, creative and community opportunities,
special events and outings for the Mezzanine residents, with
oversight and guidance from the Director of Resident Programs.
- Create and publish daily and weekly flyers and a monthly
calendar to inform residents of scheduled events/trips/ongoing
activities & wellness services.
- Assists with the maintenance of bulletin boards used to promote
events, encourage attendance and communicate information to the
residents, families, staff and visitors of Golden West. Includes
the production and posting of flyers and notices to effectively
advertise activities and events.
- Responsible for encouraging participation in events and
activities in the Mezzanine and Towers. Encouragement includes
making phone calls, personal invitations, and escorting
participants to events and programs.
- The Coordinator is responsible for leading group and individual
activities in the Mezzanine.
- Meets one-on-one with Mezzanine residents in their apartment,
as needed, for stimulation and fun through conversation, music,
cards or other interests.
- Ensures that recruitment, training, placement and supervision
of resident and community volunteers are conducted within the
guidelines and procedures of the organization.
- 1Keeps current on organization operations and procedures and
assists as needed. Responsible for accurately documenting,
receipting and the safe storage of Program money.
- Coordinate with Mezzanine Director once a month for Resident
Council meeting to confirm and acquire new ideas for upcoming
events. Maintain resident participation logs. Conduct annual
evaluation/assessment of the Mezzanine activities program.
- Complete individual resident activities assessment for
Mezzanine residents upon move-in and updated as needed.
- Assists with the set-up and managing of the overall Resident
Programs activities and events, as needed.
- Develops and maintains vendor relationships as program
- Maintaining supplies/snacks as needed for upcoming programs in
coordination with the Director of Resident Programs.
- Maintain, clean/organize and stock art supply closet, as
- Substitutes for the Director of Resident Programs when Director
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Desire and ability to effectively work with older adults
- Experience leading activities, experience with seniors
- Computer proficiency required, experience with Microsoft Office
Ability to lift 30lbs, stand for 2 hours, push and pull carts
carrying up to 50 lbs., ambulate throughout the entire community
and to lead a variety of activities, including exercise
Keywords: Golden West Communities, Inc, Boulder , Activities Coordinator, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!