Posted on: June 10, 2021
Founded in 1963, FirstBank maintains more than $20 billion in
assets and operates over 110 branch locations across Colorado,
Arizona and California. Its growth can be attributed to one simple
philosophy: do right by customers, communities and employees, which
is at the center of the company's "banking for good" mantra.
FirstBank believes that a company is nothing without the people
that comprise it, and prides itself in hiring and training a
diverse and talented group. By joining the FirstBank team you will
experience its great team culture with ample opportunity for
growth. There's an opportunity for everyone with positions all
across the company, from Teller and Call Center to Technology and
Lending. Apply today to learn more and join the team!
A Brief Overview
Responsible for accurately and efficiently processing a wide
range of consumer and commercial bank transactions. Provide
customers with fast and friendly customer service, answer
inquiries, and inform customers of products and services which may
result in cross sold products.
What you will do
- Provide prompt, efficient, confidential, and accurate service
in the processing of transactions.
- Handle all monetary transactions for customers (i.e., deposits,
withdrawals, loan payments, check cashing, monetary
- Determines acceptability of negotiable items and customer
- Maintain proficient knowledge of, and demonstrate ongoing
compliance will all laws and regulations applicable to this
- Handle, count, and manage large amounts of cash and coin.
- Maintain cash drawer at a predetermined dollar level and
requests additional cash as needed.
- Follow check-cashing guidelines and obtain approvals as
- Maintains proper security of all negotiable items.
- Evaluate customer needs and offer solutions which may come in
the form of products or services.
- Complete necessary paperwork to process banking
- Type checks, money orders, and various other documents.
- Balance cash drawer and customer transactions.
- Review, balance, and correct any discrepancies in banking
- Recognize and understand different types of credit documents
used to process customer transactions.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Understand and comply with all provisions of the Safety in the
- Hours can vary from 35-40/week.
- Entry-level job with little or no prior relevant work
experience in the function
- Prior cash-handling experience
- Prior customer-service experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Interpersonal and customer-oriented skills
- Decision-making capabilities
- Basic computer skills
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business
- Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such
as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file
cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
- Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of
- Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
- Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and
management in-person and on the phone
- Must be able to exchange accurate information
Starting at $15.50 Per Hour
Statement of Benefits
FirstBank offers a suite of benefits that support our employees'
professional, financial, physical, emotional and spiritual
well-being. Benefits currently offered with our positions include:
Paid Time Off/paid leave programs, 401K/Employee Stock Ownership,
United Healthcare medical, MetLife dental, VSP vision, Employee
tuition reimbursement, Volunteer Time Off, Short-Term Disability,
Long-Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance/AD&D
This Job may be eligible for the:
- Teller Balancing Incentive Plan
- New Accounts Cross-Sell Queue Incentive Plan
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran
status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local
law. FirstBank does not permit pay inequities. Anyone who believes
they have been subject to pay inequity should immediately report
their concerns to the Human Resource Department
Keywords: FirstBank, Boulder , Rep, Teller, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!