Senior Data Engineer
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Come see what's cookin' at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making
it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have
offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to
millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and
we're growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that
cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which
allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and
international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where
you can thrive as a result.
As a Senior Data Engineer at HelloFresh, you will be
collaborating to build a robust and highly performant data platform
using cutting-edge technologies. You will develop distributed
services that process data in batch and real-time with a focus on
scalability, data quality, and business requirements. You will have
the opportunity to work on challenging data-related problems and
building a self-serve data platform.
- Build reusable technology that enables teams to capture,
process, store, and serve their data products in an easy way
- Build and maintain complex and scalable ETL pipelines
- Work closely with the data infrastructure team
- Collaborate closely with business stakeholders such as
Marketing, Product Analytics, etc.
- Drive data quality and governance
At a minimum you have
- Extensive experience in Software Engineering and the ability to
design, implement and deliver maintainable and high-quality code
- Previously worked on OOP and design patterns
- Ability to deliver scalable production-ready solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience with Apache Spark, Hive, and Kafka
- Experience with AWS infrastructure (S3, EMR, Glue, Athena)
- Experience with data modeling and data warehousing
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to
build effective communication structures in a fast-growing
- Exceptional technical background and a demonstrated clear
impact on achieving business goals
- Demonstrable past experience with Agile methodologies, with a
strong focus on data-driven experimentation, lean thinking, and
- If you have experience in Machine Learning that is a big
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as
other product initiatives)
- When in office; snacks, cold brew & monthly catered
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced,
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or
because he or she is a protected veteran.
Position is eligible to participate, contingent on Supervisory
Board Approval, in HelloFresh's equity program.
Keywords: HelloFresh, Boulder , Senior Data Engineer, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!