Join a supportive and collaborative team of writers and editors
dedicated to building high-quality content for customers who use
Technical writers on our team play a vital role in getting our
customers up and running quickly. Our customers include software
developers, site reliability engineers, and technical operations
As a technical writer at Splunk, you'll work in a fast-paced
environment, collaborating daily with software engineers, product
managers, other technical writers, and editors. In our Agile
environment, you will be continuously updating your content with
improvements and new features.
To succeed in this role, you must be a confident writer of
enterprise software documentation who is passionate about learning
new concepts and clearly explaining complex technologies. This
position offers continuous learning and frequent direct interaction
with enthusiastic customers who rely on Splunk documentation every
day to accomplish their goals.
This is a remote position located in the US or Canada. You must
be able to work West Coast time zone (PST) hours. You can also be
based in a Splunk office if you prefer.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
- Craft and maintain high-quality documentation associated with
Splunk APM product offerings.
- Work closely with technical and support staff to ensure that
conceptual and instructional documentation for implementing and
using the product is accurate, complete, and well-organized.
- Participate in planning documentation projects with engineering
teams and product management.
- Propose structural and organizational improvements to the
documentation set so that both new and advanced users can easily
find information relevant to their requirements, use cases, and
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documentation written by
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced,
constantly changing environment.
- A minimum of 8 years in a technical writer role.
- Demonstrated aptitude for working as a lead writer in a
collaborative writing team.
- Experience delivering high-quality documentation for constantly
evolving early-stage products.
- Experience designing and delivering clear, accurate
prescriptive guidance targeted at developers or infrastructure and
operations engineering teams.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with both onsite and
remote team members working in multiple time zones.
- Experience using Git as a version management tool, including
working with branches, creating pull requests, and resolving merge
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant
- Experience using and documenting application management or
monitoring products, targeting multiple audiences, output formats,
and use cases.
- Experience installing and configuring cloud infrastructure and
- Experience building documentation using Sphinx,
reStructuredText, and Read the Docs.
- Experience mentoring and coaching other writers.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations
where required, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine
data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company
filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to
deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're
committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully
to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how
you can become a part of our journey.