Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Cellular
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in
an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities
that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But
this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse
skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into
world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age
- and this is where you come in.
Systems engineers are at the heart of Qualcomm's success in
wireless. For this position, we are looking for a mixed-signal
architecture wizard who works with software, RF/analog, and digital
hardware engineers to design and validate the best RF and channel
emulation architectures You will be embedded in the Test Base
Station (TBS) team. The TBS team currently provides solutions for
verification of QCT chipset functionality of 5G NR and LTE. Tasks
performed by RF & Channel Emulation systems engineers on the TBS
- Analyzing latest 3GPP and other specifications to derive
- Translating requirements into analog/RF architecture,
calibration, and analog/digital compensation
- Theoretical analysis and simulation of features, algorithms,
and implementation choices
- Performing lab integration and subsequent analysis of RF and
channel emulation features
- Presenting & documenting specifications, designs, and other
results to cross disciplinary and diverse teams and building
consensus around solutions
- Supporting the implementation and commercialization of features
by providing test vectors, logs & other analysis
- Probability and Random Processes.
- Digital Signal Processing.
- Wireless Channel Models and their Emulation.
- Statistical Signal Analysis or Signal Detection and
- Digital Communications.
- RF systems design.
- Programming in C/C++, Matlab and Python.
- Ability to work on a diverse team and interact in a diverse and
inter-disciplinary engineering organization.
- Strong communication skills, including both written and oral
- Knowledge of 5G NR and LTE physical layer specifications.
- Knowledge of mixed-signal RF systems components such as ADC,
DAC, digital and analog filters, mixed signal, PA, LNA, RF
calibration, digital and analog compensation methods.
- Knowledge of analog/RF impairments such as IQ mismatch,
intermodulation, unwanted spurious sources, signal compression,
noise figure, phase noise, and characterization.
- Knowledge of fading channel models (Jakes and cluster-based)
and deterministic models for high-speed train scenarios.
- Knowledge of OFDMA and SC-FDMA
- Experience with RF interfaces and digital mitigation of RF
- Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses
up to mile.
- Frequently transports and install equipment up to 5 lbs.
- Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g. standing or
- Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more
than 6 hours a day.
- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of
information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person
Bachelors - Computer Science, Bachelors - Engineering, Bachelors
- Information Systems
2+ years Hardware Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems
Engineering, or related work experience.
Doctorate - Computer Engineering, Doctorate - Computer Science,
Doctorate - Electrical Engineering, Masters - Computer Engineering,
Masters - Computer Science, Masters - Electrical Engineering
2+ years of experience with programming (e.g., C, C++, Python),
computer architecture, or embedded systems. ,1+ years of applicable
wireless, semiconductor and/or embedded software industry
Cellular Communications, Cellular Networks, Cellular
Technologies, Communication Engineering, Digital Communication
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need
an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call
Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm
will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support
individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring
process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace
accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal
opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is
only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and
recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency
are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles,
applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be
considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited
resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward
resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company
location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or
any other protected classification.
$112,500.00 - $168,700.00
If you would like more information about this role, please
contact Qualcomm Careers.