This position is responsible for directly serving and
interacting with customers and exudes a genuine enjoyment of
people. Provides friendly and efficient food and beverage service
to guests. Communicates any concerns or comments to the manager on
duty each shift.
- Fills alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink orders, either taken
directly from patrons at the bar or through servers who place drink
orders for dining room customers.
- Accurately uses the Aloha POS to place all food and beverage
- Demonstrates leadership and teamwork while working respectfully
with all team members.
- Checks identification of customers seated at the bar, to ensure
they meet the minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcohol
- Adheres to the state liquor laws and CANarchy's RASP plan to
ensure responsible guest consumption.
- Uses salesmanship skills in answering customer's questions and
making recommendations regarding the menu and daily food specials,
company-produced beers, wine selections and other beverages and
serves the same to customers seated at the bar.
- Prepares a wide range of drink recipes accurately, quickly, and
- Stocks, prepares, and manages freshness and quality of beverage
- Anticipates the customer's needs; frequently checks on customer
satisfaction and preferences.
- Observes diners to ensure that guests are satisfied with the
food and service, responds to additional requests, and determines
when the diner has been completed their meal.
- Follow the company sequence of service for food service to
ensure a natural flow to the guest's experience.
- Demonstrates product knowledge and uses salesmanship skills in
answering customer's questions and making recommendations
Menu and daily food specials
Promotional and/or special programs
Company beer selections, specials, and their varying qualities
with the ability to make recommendations based on guest tastes and
Wine selections and variations where applicable
Other selection of cocktails and liquors where applicable
- Collects payment and operates cash register with accurate cash
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of bar while washing
glassware, utensils, and refrigerator.
- Maintains an adequate supply of ice, glasses, and other bar
- Aesthetically maintains arrangement of bottles and glasses on
- Keeps the bar area clean, organized, and presentable to
customers and observes occupational health and safety, and security
- Orders and maintains an inventory of liquor, mixes, and other
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Protects consumer health with strict adherence to all safe food
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledgeable of all liquor laws and works in compliance with
- Minimum of 1+ year server and bartending experience.
- Demonstrated use of Aloha POS system.
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoys working with
- Ability to work all days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to prioritize efficiently while remaining calm
- Ability to handle cash quickly and accurately.
- Experience in dealing with difficult customers to
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be
able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well
as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational
and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move
50 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and
operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full-Time/Part-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Pay Rate: $9.30/hr plus tips
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED Required
Minimum Certification: Food Handler's Permit
Current Alcohol Certification Certificate
Minimum Experience: 1 Year
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: N/A
Driving Requirements: N/A
Tools & Equipment Used: Computer, Beer draught system
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes
that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We
are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal
opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age,
national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any
other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties
to this position as a result of evolving business needs.