Business Development Director
Company: BI Incorporated (A GEO Company)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Compensation Base:$70,000-$85,000 annually
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):$20K Qrtly Commission
BI is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado and
the largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring solutions
in the United States. We excel at proving technological solutions
to over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to
fulfill their missions without worrying about the technical
Territory includes CO, AZ, IA, KS, MN, MT, ND, NE, NM, SD, WI
and WY - must live in one of these states for the position.
Responsible for all technology business development activity in
assigned States, including the introduction and sales of new
Company products and services to prospective customers, and the
growth of Company products and services to existing customers.
Maintains ongoing communication with customers to develop and
enhance positive relationships, promote Company products and
services, and ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
Primary focus is new business development of accounts including
new programs, take-away of competitor accounts, growth of assigned
accounts and account retention.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Identifies and closes sales opportunities in assigned existing
and new accounts in order to meet and/or exceed assigned revenue
quotas. Utilizes all Company resources, including management team,
customer service, sales support and business development team
members to achieve objectives.
- Drives market share growth and focuses on customer
- Creates and maintains a strategic account plan for each account
consistent with the customer business/strategic plan.
- Negotiates pricing and contract terms with new and current
accounts to close deals.
- Develops and enhances ongoing relationships with key executives
in each assigned account, including directors, commissioners,
judges and department heads.
- Forecasts new and existing account growth/revenue in assigned
territory as requested by Regional Manager.
- Utilizes Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to
deposit and maintain market share data in assigned territory.
- Assists each assigned/prospective account with identifying,
justifying and planning for information and service needs.
- Acts as a communication liaison between Company internal
departments and customer at all levels to ensure prompt handling of
customer inquiries/issues and customer satisfaction.
- Provides customer status reports, key prospecting data, trip
reports and other sales reports as requested.
- Represents Company at national/local trade shows and
conferences, mandatory bidders conferences, and public hearings, as
- Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice, Business, Computer
Science Communications or related field or equivalent experience in
one of these disciplines.
- Minimum of five years experience in selling large ticket,
technical equipment to government or similar agencies. Experience
with government bid processes preferred.
- Experience in corrections/criminal justice system desired.
- In-depth knowledge of sales strategies specifically for
government sales and/or corrections.
- Knowledge of Company products and services and competitive
- Knowledge of current information systems technology.
- Knowledge of corrections industry and industry trends.
- Extensive knowledge of Company customers and/or corrections
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal
and external contacts at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Advanced conflict management skills, including negotiation,
problem/issue determination, and resolution.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Advanced strategic sales account planning skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Professional demeanor.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
- Three (3) weeks paid time off
- Eleven (11) paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term and Whole life insurance (includes spouse and
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Supplemental insurance
- Legal and Identity Theft coverage
- Auto and Home insurance discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Various discount programs
Keywords: BI Incorporated (A GEO Company), Boulder , Business Development Director, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!