Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together
to support the most exciting missions in the world!
NGINX, Inc., now part of F5, is the company behind the popular
open source project. We offer a suite of technologies for
developing and delivering modern applications. Together with F5,
our combined solution bridges the gap between NetOps and DevOps,
with multi-cloud application services that span from code to
The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing
digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic
applications, as well as deliver new, microservicesbased
applications. Companies like Netflix, Starbucks, and McDonalds rely
on NGINX to reduce costs, improve resiliency, and speed
The NGINX Product Group is looking for an outstanding Sr.
Business Development Manager to drive solution development with our
most meaningful technology alliances.
You will work with our community of alliance partners who are
passionate about open source and/or want to integrate their
technology with NGINX commercial products. This partner community
includes systems integrators, ISVs, public cloud providers, and
NGINX's platform technology partners.
You will be responsible for building and executing alliance
plans focused on driving incremental revenue for the NGINX Product
Group, from the early formation of creative new integrated
solutions (in conjunction with the assigned alliance Solution
Architects) to launching the solutions, marketing them, and
training/supporting the field and channel teams to close
You will be a primary partnership contact for engaging NGINX
Product Management, Engineering, Support, Marketing, and Sales.
If you have the business savvy, technical expertise, and passion
for working with partners necessary to position NGINX as a
best-in-class networking and security platform of the future, then
we want to hear from you.
* Lead specific areas of the alliance and execute strategy with
an emphasis on driving the creation of integrated solution
offerings and incremental revenue.
* Grow existing strategic alliances and form new alliances.
* Work closely with our alliance partners, Product Management,
and Engineering teams to identify and scope out new technology
integration opportunities to help solve our customers' needs.
* Build and execute joint go-to-market plans by collaborating
closely with internal colleagues and partners in Sales and
* Produce sales pull-through by effectively positioning NGINX
solutions and their benefits to the partners and by supporting
partnerships at events and trade shows.
* Take a leading role in developing deep and dependable
relationships with alliance, technical, and leadership teams within
F5 (BD, PD, PM, Sales, Services) and partner organizations.
* Provide domain expertise about our partner-related
applications and integrated solutions. Identify customer
requirements and industry trends. Regularly deliver guidance to F5
Sales, Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing
* Understand, practice, and foster the company's cultures and
behaviors. (We are Owners. We choose speed. We obsess over
customers' needs. We create a more diverse and inclusive F5. We
help each other thrive.)
* This position requires travel up to 35% of time to partner
sites, customer sites, other F5 Offices, and tradeshow/conference
* Ability to work on-site or remotely and still maintain tight
collaboration with team and partners.
* Requires the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over
the telephone, and read printed material.
* May require being on call periodically and working outside
normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
* Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for
promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Experience managing strategic technology alliances.
* Experience with high-tech enterprise marketing, product
management, and sales functions.
* Familiarity with data center networking, public and private
cloud infrastructure, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, container, DevOps,
orchestration/ automation and hyper-converged technologies
* Be comfortable interacting with both technical and business
people, as well as executives and customers.
* Ability to discuss and present F5 product offerings and
differentiators in detail.
* Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills, with the
ability to understand and effectively communicate complex
technologies and multi-faceted projects.
* Be self-motivated, well-organized, focused, efficient and
flexible when faced with changing conditions.
* Be comfortable and enjoys presenting to large public audiences
at conferences and to executives both inside and outside the
* 12+ years of related experience in the Technology industry
* 5+ years of experience leading technology alliance or channel
management experience with Technology or high-tech sales, marketing
or business development to corporate accounts.
* BA/BS degree required. MBA preferred.
* Preferred location in Seattle or San Francisco
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation
of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the
description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and
requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email
address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from
Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities
to all employees and employment applicants without regard to
unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or
military status, genetic information, or any other classification
protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy
applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited
to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits,
training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is
available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon