The Mammals in the Classroom project:
- Review and assess current hands-on materials included in the
- Review and assess current Mammals in the Classroom curriculum
materials, as available.
- Research Colorado State Academic Standards for connections to
- Research and develop curriculum (X number of lessons) for
- Research and develop activities for in-museum use for school
audiences (guided program and/or hands-on workshop).
- Research and develop activities for in-museum use for family
and community audiences (Family Days and/or community
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The mission of the University of Colorado Museum of Natural
History is to contribute to the knowledge of the natural world and
human history through research, teaching, and public education.
What You Should Know
- This position is expected to run from June 1 - Aug. 14,
- 12 hours/week.
What We Can Offer
- The hourly rate for this position is $17/hour.
Temporary positions at the University of Colorado are not
benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid
Be Collaborative. Be Unique. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- 1-2 years museum education experience.
What You Will Need
- Knowledge of and demonstrated skills in basic research for
- Knowledge of state academic standards.
- Knowledge of museum education principles and practices.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work remotely and with limited supervision.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Demonstrated ability to develop museum programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop school curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver museum education programs.
To apply, please submit a current resume by June 9, 2021 for
We may request references at a later time.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu