Senior Research Associate, Chemistry - 2172
Company: Editas Medicine
Posted on: November 16, 2021
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we
ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We're focused on translating the
power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known
as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of
medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world.
Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize
transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many
diseases. We're looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people
to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold
things that have never been achieved before. Are you full of hope,
possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly
revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around
the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Perform automated synthesis of oligonucleotides on a variety of
scales and instruments including Bioautomation Mermade 12 and GE
Healthcare Akta 100 synthesizers.
- Perform process development, scale up and process
- Conduct cleavage, deprotection and other upstream
post-synthesis work-up procedures.
- Perform various analytical techniques to ensure final product
meets specifications including LCMS, UPLC and UV spectroscopy.
- Perform instrument and equipment preventative maintenance and
- Maintain an electronic laboratory notebook and miscellaneous
- Maintain reagent inventory.
Knowledge, Skills & Capabilities:
- Experience in solid phase synthesis, cleavage and deprotection
- Experience with laboratory automation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Technical troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Excellent time management.
Education & Relevant Work Experience:
- Requires a Master's Degree or equivalency in Chemistry or
related Life Science Degree with a minimum three years of relevant
experience or a Bachelor's Degree or equivalency in Chemistry or
related Life Science Degree with a minimum five years of relevant
Keywords: Editas Medicine, Boulder , Senior Research Associate, Chemistry - 2172, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!