Mgr Programs 2
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Requisition ID: R10021044
Category: Program ManagementLocation:
Boulder - CO, United States of AmericaCitizenship Required: United
States CitizenshipClearance Type: SecretTelecommute: No-
Teleworking not available for this positionShift: 1st Shift (United
States of America)Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the TimePositions
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to
work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the
world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman, Space Systems is looking for a Manager, Programs
Level 2 to support the OPIR Exploration Systems Operating Unit
(OESOU) in the fast-growing Payload & Ground Systems (PGS)
Division. The primary objective will be the delivery of all
requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical
requirements. The individual will lead a cross-functional
organization aligned to common performance goals related to
investment projects and/or customer contracts.Program Managers are
responsible for coordination and management of all phases of
program execution, from inception through completion. In this
position, the selected Program Manager will oversee multiple
projects within the SBIRS Survivable Endurable Evolution (S2E2).
Based on the requirements of the projects, the responsibilities may
include but are not limited to:
- Adherence to all internal processes for Program Management
- Leading and directing a cross-functional Integrated Product
Team (IPT) to achieve technical objectives
- Development and adherence to Integrated Master Schedules
- Development and adherence to budget baselines
- Development and delivery of presentations to leadership and
- Proposal development / capture planning and strategy
- Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of
- Establishment of schedule milestones and spend-plan
- Development of stakeholder relationships and cultivation of
- Ability to manage multiple subcontractors in various locations
across the United States
- Knowledgeable on mobile units, integration and testing for
communication systemsThis management role will require you to
complete an assessment as part of the application process. To learn
more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view
our selecting the Best Qualified Managers
- Bachelor's Degree and 9 years (or Master's degree and 7 years)
experience working in engineering, business management, or another
related field. An additional 4 years of relevant experience may be
considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at
cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead,
integrated program team or cost account manager.
- Demonstrated success aligning teams, organizations or employee
resource groups to achieve a common goal.
- Active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret
- Current Top Secret clearance or higher is strongly
- The ability to apply knowledge, insights and understanding of
business and financial concepts, tools and processes to the benefit
of program decisions, actions, and performance.
- The ability to manage communications with stakeholders through
organized processes to ensure that program information is defined,
collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner
that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs.
- The ability to identify and address program impacts through a
systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem resolution
that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves
conflicts across all levels of the program.
- The ability to initiate, develop, integrate, execute, direct
and control program plans and cost and schedule baselines that meet
both program contractual requirements and stakeholder
- The ability to recognize and respond to customer needs in order
to develop additional sales that support organizational
- The ability to identify, orchestrate, coordinate and controls
the management activities and processes that integrate program
interdependencies throughout their life cycle to achieve successful
- The ability to plan and execute a project quality management
system to satisfy quality requirements and create a project value
system which emphasizes prevention over inspection and continuous
- The ability to define, document, analyze, trace, prioritize,
and confirm requirements throughout the entire program life
- The ability to plan for, identify, estimate, cost, acquire,
schedule, and retire resources needed to satisfy program
requirements within organizational constraints.
- The ability to address program uncertainty through an organized
and analytical forward looking approach that identifies risks and
opportunities, determines appropriate handling plans, and manages,
controls, and communicates risks and opportunities throughout the
lifecycle of the program.
- The ability to effectively plan, define, establish,
communicate, monitor, and control scope to ensure that all of the
work required and only the work required is performed.
- The ability to identify, select, direct and manage subcontract
and supply chain elements of the program in a manner that supports
program goals and company strategy.
- The ability to establish and apply a technical performance
baseline to monitor and compare key program technical performance
measures, assess program and product status, and take appropriate
action to maintain conformance with the baseline."
Salary Range: 143500 - 215300
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world,
we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our
colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we
operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive
Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we
will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be
fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022 or by your start date if it is
after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical
and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine
requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and
approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.Northrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Boulder , Mgr Programs 2 , Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!