Optician (part-time) - (Boulder, CO)
Company: Boulder Medical Center
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionDo you enjoy working with friendly and helpful
people in a positive work environment? Are you ready to embrace a
career that offers a variety of learning opportunities? Are you
looking to make a positive impact on peoples' lives in our
community?Consider a career in the medical field as a Optician at
Boulder Medical Center (BMC). We're an independent,
multi-specialty, outpatient network of providers and staff
dedicated to engaging our patients in high-quality, compassionate
health care. For over 70 years, BMC has been locally owned and
operated, providing exceptional medical care to patients across the
northwestern Front Range and surrounding communities. This unique
business model is why many of our employees come and stay! JOB
SUMMARY:Boulder Medical Center (BMC) is seeking an Optician to join
our team! This position is part-time working 12 hours a week plus
additional hours to cover scheduled days off or vacation time. JOB
- Assists patients in selecting eyeglasses frames in accordance
with prescription specifications and facial structure.
- Repairs frames per patient's request, when possible.
- Adjusts frames for proper fit and to the patient's
- Orders lenses and frames in a timely manner.
- Performs the following functions in the lab: neutralizes,
layout of frames, cut & edge and complete finish work.
- Maintains equipment in proper working condition.
- Assists with the purchase of frames for sales (works/talks with
- Assists with the dispensing of contact lenses, as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must use good judgment and planning in evaluating work
priorities and in responding to a variety of responsibilities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Pleasant phone voice and manner
- Aptitude for thoroughness and detail
- Basic math aptitude
- Relates well with people
- Must have knowledge of Optics
- Must have knowledge of optical frames, style and proper
fit-Must be able to use vertometer
- Must be able to adjust frames and do minor repairs
- Must be able to read prescriptions for proper frame selection
- Knowledge of contact lenses helpful.Education:
- High School Diploma and ABO Certification preferred.Previous
- One (1) year dispensing.Salary Range:
- $17.36-$22.57 per hour depending on experienceLocation:
Keywords: Boulder Medical Center, Boulder , Optician (part-time) - (Boulder, CO), Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!