Senior/Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Company: Cogent Biosciences
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Cogent Biosciences is a biotechnology company developing real
solutions to treat genetically driven diseases. With a focus on
rational drug discovery and development, we are leveraging
validated biology to advance precision therapies designed to
address the true underlying drivers of disease and provide real
hope for patients. Cogent's lead therapeutic candidate,
bezuclastinib (CGT9486), is a precision kinase inhibitor designed
to selectively and potently inhibit the KIT D816V mutation. This
mutation is responsible for driving a rare and serious condition
called Systemic Mastocytosis which can severely impact many
different tissues and organs in the body. We are also studying
CGT9486 to treat advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST),
which have a strong dependence on oncogenic KIT signaling.Our
Teamhttps://cogent.culturehq.com/We are looking for motivated
synthetic organic chemists to help us progress our small molecule
drug discovery projects from inception to IND as we build a robust
research pipeline.What You Will Do:
- Independently lead the design, planning and implementation of
- Develop hypotheses based on data and design experiments to test
- Contribute ideas to advance projects across our pipeline.
- Participate in the vetting of new targets.
- Maintain a high level of familiarity with the current
- Help generate intellectual property as well as scientific
presentations and publications.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and is recognized as a
scientific driver.What You Bring:
- PhD in Chemistry with 2+ years of experience in medicinal
chemistry preferred or MS/BS with 8+ years experience.
- Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts.
- Strong technical and synthesis background.
- A high level of independence.
Keywords: Cogent Biosciences, Boulder , Senior/Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!