Strategic Procurement Associate
Company: Scout Clean Energy, LLC
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionStrategic Procurement Associate Boulder,
ColoradoThe CompanyScout Clean is a leading US renewable energy
developer, owner and operator headquartered in Boulder, CO. Scout
is developing a MW portfolio of over 12,000 MW of wind, solar and
energy storage projects across 21 US states. Scout is an
owner-operator with expertise in all aspects of renewable power
project development, permitting, power marketing, finance,
construction and asset management. Scout is a portfolio company of
Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners.Scout is made up of renewable
energy industry veterans making a difference in our world. Our
team's work ethic is second to none. We identify problems, create
solutions, and deliver them professionally to our customers,
stakeholders, partners and one another. We do the right thing when
no one is looking because we are committed to our collective
success and believe that our uncompromising integrity is key to the
collaborative relationships that drive our business.Summary
DescriptionAs Scout's Procurement Associate, you will play a key
role in the procurement of the fastest-growing technologies in the
power sector: utility-scale wind, solar, energy storage, and
transformer supplies – and the related construction services. In
this role, you will develop knowledge and experience in combining
commercial, technical and financial aspects of renewables that
enable our team to make better informed decisions. You will support
negotiating strategies, deals, and serve as Scout's representative
to key vendors and partners. This dynamic, full-time position will
allow you to directly impact Scout's long-term ability to power the
energy transition. You will gain exposure to a broad spectrum of
work – across various technologies, at every stage of procurement,
and interacting with every team within Scout collaboratively. You
will be in the mix, creating solutions to complex challenges by
working with Scout's Procurement team and counterparties to help
close new business opportunities. You will join Scout's Procurement
team, responsible for optimizing the lowest cost of energy while
maintaining safety and quality. Your will report to the Vice
President of Procurement, a seasoned industry veteran with a
passion for mentoring and building upon lessons learned from nearly
20 years in the renewables industry. This is a new role to support
the explosive growth in Scout's portfolio of projects in
development and construction. Key duties in your role will include
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Construction,
Development, and other Scout functions to ensure focus on the right
technologies, vendors, and design.
- Actively build, maintain, and prioritize key vendor and
contractor relationships, including regular meetings to be a
subject matter expert for Scout in these supply segments.
- Prepare for, and conduct/assist in RFPs for the procurement of
utility-scale wind, solar, energy storage, and transformer
supplies, including coordinating with Construction team for the
procurement of construction services for the related projects.
- Solicit, maintain, and analyze pricing databases for
utility-scale wind, solar, energy storage, and transformer supplies
to support Scout Development, M&A, and Finance teams.
- Develop options for Scout's negotiating position for supply and
construction services and assist in the execution of the selected
- Support and present reports to management on best choices for
Scout with respect to price, risk, quality and safety.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Travel as required to support Scout's business plans and
strategies. We will rely on you to help develop systems and tools
to drive efficiency in our work. To do so, we expect that you will
integrate the expertise you develop while continuing to advance
your knowledge of our industry and innovation in procurement.
QualificationsYou are a deal-oriented, analytically minded
professional who likes to work with a wide range of people and is
passionate about the ways that renewable energy will make the world
a better place. You have a good understanding of risk in
contractual terms and are creative in the way you manage that risk
in the context of competing priorities. Subject Matter Expertise
- A Bachelor's Degree. (supply chain, technical, business,
economics, or finance disciplines are a plus).
- 2+ years of procurement experience is a plus.
- Experience with utility-scale wind, solar, and/or battery
storage is a plus.
- Project management experience that involves both technical and
- Strong technical aptitude: quantitative orientation with the
ability to understand technical issues.
- Previous experience supporting successful client negotiations,
including contractual analysis
- Ability to concisely frame issues by providing context,
analysis, recommendations, and risk/benefit tradeoffs, both in
written, verbal, and presentation format.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite including Outlook,
Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Curious and independent learner who can quickly apply lessons
learned in one area to all other work areas.
- Strong organizational skills with process orientation and
attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver top-quality work product in
multiple areas without direct supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the desire to work in a
fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and to meet deadlines and
complete time-sensitive duties.
- Self-motivator with exceptional leadership and communication
- Experience using influence rather than authority to achieve
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Integrity. Ethical professional who does the right thing even
when it is difficult.
- Initiative. Resourceful self-motivator with exceptional
leadership and organizational skills.
- Intelligence. Perpetual learner with the ability to solve
problems and make informed decisions quickly.
- Work Ethic. Productive team member who desires to work in a
fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment to meet deadlines and get
- Team Focus. Purpose-driven colleague with strong interpersonal
skills and a commitment to working across organizational boundaries
to deliver on shared team goals. Working Style LocationThe ideal
candidate will be able to work out of our Boulder office on our
current hybrid (3-2) schedule. Characteristics of Successful Scout
Team MembersInvitation to Women and U.S. Underrepresented GroupsWe
encourage applications from all demographics and especially those
that are traditionally underrepresented in the energy industry.
Consistent with our core values, Scout celebrates the diversity of
thought and experience that comes from a range of backgrounds
including, but not limited to, gender, race, and
ethnicity.Invitation to VeteransScout welcomes veterans of the
United States Armed Forces to apply for this position. Scout
includes veterans of all branches and a diverse set of occupational
specialties. We value the independent thinking, problem solving,
leadership, and teamwork that our veterans have developed through
their service. We welcome applications from any service and any
military occupational specialty.CompensationTarget base salary:
$65,000-75,000 with attractive bonus potential. Scout offers a full
range of benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance with
attractive premiums, 401(k) match, STD, LTD, an Employee Assistance
Program, and a range of optional supplemental insurance
coverage.For more information: www.scoutcleanenergy.com
Keywords: Scout Clean Energy, LLC, Boulder , Strategic Procurement Associate, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!