Scientist, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK)
Company: Edgewise Therapeutics
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position Summary:Edgewise is looking for a self-motivated
scientist who wants to advance drug discovery programs into the
clinic. You will have an opportunity to be a functional area lead
developing novel sarcomere targeting small molecule modulators in
rare skeletal and genetic cardiac diseases. We are looking for a
teammate who shares our passion for drug discovery and seeks a
scientifically rigorous and collaborative environment. Role: You
will be the functional area representative for DMPK on
multidisciplinary discovery project teams. As a member of the
discovery team, you will work cross-functionally and as needed with
external CROs. The successful candidate will actively contribute to
the generation and assessment of study results that support our
discovery efforts.Primary Responsibilities: Coordinate in vitro
ADME and in vivo pharmacokinetic studies with our CRO partners.
- Analysis, interpretation, integration, and reporting of
pharmacokinetic data and pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD)
data to support discovery/preclinical projects.
- Participate and contribute to discovery/preclinical development
- Assist in design and execute preclinical studies to understand
ADME characteristics of drug candidates.
- Ability to independently review and summarize results.
- Clear communication of ADME/PK results at project team meetings
and other meetings as needed.
- Author regulatory documents to support FIH
programsRequirements:Education, Skills and Experience
- Ph.D. (or equivalent degree plus years' experience) in
Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics, Engineering or other
relevant field with > 3 years of experience in the
- Strong knowledge of drug metabolism, ADME concepts,
pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamic and bioanalytical
- Proficient knowledge of ADME/DMPK assays and assessments used
in drug discovery and drug development (e.g., in vitro stability,
DDI, preclinical pharmacokinetics, and in vitro and in vivo
- Experience in PK and or PK/PD analysis using WinNonlin.
- Experience in serving on project teams in early discovery.
- Previous experience working with external CROs.
- Working knowledge of IND and regulatory submissions is
- Articulate, open communicator (both oral and written) with the
ability to analyze, interpret and present data in a clear
mannerSalary range: $80,000 - $140,000 title and compensation
commensurate with experience.If interested in this position, please
apply at https://edgewisetx.com/join-our-team/ or apply via
LinkedIn.Edgewise is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our
offers are contingent on background check and education
verification.Edgewise does not accept resumes from recruitment
agencies for this position. Please do not send resumes to Edgewise
employees or the company location. Edgewise is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Edgewise Therapeutics, Boulder , Scientist, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK), Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!