Grounds Skilled Laborer - Winter Season
Company: Winter Park Resort
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW: Who We Are:At just 67 miles away,
Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver.
Dont be fooled by our convenient location, though youll feel
remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies.
With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is
home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered
Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to
work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we
have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you! Who We
Are Looking For:Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers,
adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new
experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure
that will keep you coming back for more.Whether you are looking to
have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build
a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to
play... Are you in? Perks & Benefits:Theres more than a free season
pass waiting for you! You dont just get a job at Winter Park, you
get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, youll
enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our
year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided! POSITION SUMMARY: The Grounds Services Laborer performs
all general maintenance and snow removal duties necessary to
prepare and maintain the Winter Park Resort grounds, parking lots,
and roadways in a clean, attractive, functional, and reasonable
safe condition. Performs tasks to provide parking, traffic, and
shuttle services in a friendly, professional, efficient manner with
an emphasis on safety. Establishes first contact with guests and
provides assistance as needed. Follow consistently all policies set
forth in the Employee Handbook. Complies with all regulations set
forth by the Colorado Department of Transportation and Motor
Vehicle Bureau. To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or
without reasonable accommodations. ESSENTIAL DUTIES: General
- Remove snow and ice from base facilities and parking areas
including stairs, decks, grates, walkways, roofs, and drives
utilizing shovels, scrapers, and snow blowers. Keep base and
mountain transformers, meters, fire hydrants, ski racks,
miscellaneous equipment free of snow
- Check areas designated on sanding log for icy conditions and
spread sand and/or ice melt as necessary. Complete log
- Operate skid-steers, snow blowers, lawn equipment, and Zamboni
- Assist to properly maintain walkways, facilities, and exits.
Monitor orderly flow of pedestrians through Village zone.
- Assist with the wagon hauling operation (winters only).
- Perform trash removal and litter pick up duties in parking
areas, roadways, and around Village facilities. Be aware of trash
throughout the day.
- Perform general grounds maintenance tasks including fence
installation and maintenance, outdoor furniture repair, delineator
and sign installation, sweeping, hauling supplies, work area
- Inspect grounds for maintenance needs and potential hazards as
designated on Grounds Checklist. Complete log consistently.
- Assist with duties in the Village required to execute the
maintenance and snow removal contracts.
- Be alert for potential hazards involving vehicles, pedestrians,
and equipment. Take responsible action to prevent accidents. Report
and/or correct any unsafe conditions.
- Follow, consistently, safety procedures and utilize appropriate
- Assist with vehicle, public, and employee accidents as
required. Follow accident reporting procedures. Other Duties
- Assist guests and employees with directions and information in
a friendly, congenial, professional manner. Effectively handle
first-line conflicts and problems.
- Perform tasks related to the production of special events and
Christmas set up. Control special event and VIP parking areas
during special events.
- Assist local Sheriffs Officers, Security, and/or Ski Patrol
with emergency victim evacuation and accident response.
- Assist Security and Facilities with fire and other building
emergencies. Assist in the evacuation of guests and employees as
- Assist contractors, tenants, and other Winter Park crews with
hauling, clean up, and construction projects.
- Maintain drain pans, drop inlets, culverts, drainage ditches in
working order; free from ice, debris, sediment buildup.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment in proper condition and
store correctly. Complete vehicle and equipment inspections. Report
problems to supervisor. Perform preventative maintenance tasks.
This job description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job
tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and
position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Familiarity with Winter Park Resort and surrounding services
- Valid Colorado driver's license.
- Must be able to work a four 10-hour day week including weekends
and holidays. May be asked to work additional hours.
- Must be on-call for snow removal and available to start work at
2:00 a.m. five days per week during ski season.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and public relations
skills. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Education:
- High school diploma or GED desirable. Experience:
- 1-2 years of Grounds, landscape, and/or snow removal work or
equivalent outdoor maintenance.
- Proficient skills in operating skid-steer loaders.
- Experience working with public desirable, with demonstrated
ability to remain calm and congenial under stressful
- Driving experience and small equipment operation experience are
desirable. WAGE: The base hourly pay range below represents the low
and high end of Winter Park Resorts' hourly pay range for this
position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range
based on various factors including but not limited to experience,
education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts'
total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include
many region-specific benefits. Hourly pay: $19 PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS: This position may be required to
work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which these position works
is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold,snow, wind,
rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning,
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered
to be high. Often lifting a weight of 75 pounds throughout the day
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or
hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or
- Exposure to Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing,
andpainting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through
lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes are produced
in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of
metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and
tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception. The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Winter Park Resort is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of
equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege
of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or
employees based on age, race, sex, color, religion, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran
status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter
Park Resort will make reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in
an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all
aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment,
compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and
training. This job description in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I
understand that this document does not create an employment
contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Boulder , Grounds Skilled Laborer - Winter Season, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!