Staff Satellite Guidance Navigation and Control (GNC)
Company: General Atomics
Posted on: September 18, 2022
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and
manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power
generation systems. GA-EMS' expanding portfolio of specialized
products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet,
space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy,
and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial,
and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Satellite Guidance Navigation
and Control (GNC) Engineer to join our Electromagnetic Systems
(GA-EMS) Group located in Boulder, CO. Our employees provide a
multi-disciplinary, sometimes non-traditional, approach to generate
innovative solutions to challenging technical problems in the
national security arena. Our areas of expertise are in spacecraft
payload and system development unique system development; ground
control and operational software development; embedded software
development; and unique cyber capabilities. Key customers include
the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community.
With consultative direction, this position exercises considerable
latitude in determining technical objectives for the review,
research, design, development, and/or solution(s) for a designated
engineering system(s) or project(s)/program(s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop guidance, navigation, and control (GN&C) algorithms
for satellite missions.
- Rendezvous and Proximity Operations (RPO) system design,
implementation, simulation and testing.
- Establish, maintain and execute satellite attitude control
- Analyze the stability and robustness of guidance and control
algorithms using control theory and Monte Carlo simulations.
- Undertake requirements capture, performance trades and design
- Actively participate in system level design of satellite
systems across all project phases, through attitude control
subsystem architectural design development.
- Provides direction to design or technical staff and may lead a
team of moderately experienced professional staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in
engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited
institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; six
or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, four or more
years of experience with a masters degree, or two or more years
with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in
lieu of education.
- Demonstrates an extensive technical expertise and application
of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the
ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate
workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some
experience in project leadership.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Experience in satellite attitude and orbit control
- Experience with Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS)
technology, and implementations in satellite systems and their
- Experience with physics-based modeling of dynamic systems and
Monte Carlo simulation analysis.
- Experience developing software in C/C++ and
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
are required enabling an effective leadership interface with other
departments, all levels of management, professional and support
staff, customers, potential customers, and government
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team
- Able to work extended hours as required and adaptable to
changing priorities and workloads.
- US Citizenship is required as is the ability to maintain a Top
Secret Security Clearance.Each job has a salary range which
identifies the minimum, midpoint (market) and maximum base pay for
the job. Pay rates are established based on the individual's
knowledge, skill, experience and education/training needed to
perform the job.
Keywords: General Atomics, Boulder , Staff Satellite Guidance Navigation and Control (GNC), Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!