Mechanic - Year Round with Benefits!
Company: Winter Park Resort
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW: Who We Are:At just 67 miles away,
Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver.
Dont be fooled by our convenient location, though youll feel
remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies.
With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is
home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered
Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to
work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we
have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you! Who We
Are Looking For:Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers,
adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new
experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure
that will keep you coming back for more.Whether you are looking to
have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build
a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to
play... Are you in? Perks & Benefits:Theres more than a free season
pass waiting for you! You dont just get a job at Winter Park, you
get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, youll
enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our
year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided! POSITION SUMMARY: The Equipment Mechanic's primary
responsibilities are to repair, service, recondition, overhaul and
maintain vehicles, equipment, and their components in the Winter
Park Fleet. Follows consistently Winter Park/ Intrawest policies
and procedures. You may be placed in Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Auto
& Truck Mechanic, or Small Equipment Mechanic. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Perform inspections, maintenance, and repairs as assigned by
Equipment Shop Foreman/Fleet Maintenance Foreman.
- Assist Master Mechanics as assigned by Equipment Shop
Foreman/Fleet Maintenance Foreman.
- Safely transport vehicles or equipment to the shop.
- Estimate expected repair time and costs.
- Complete work orders and other paperwork; repairs.
- Notify the appropriate department upon completion of
- Wear safety equipment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workstation (shop).
- Report and correct, if possible, unsafe conditions of vehicles,
equipment, or shop.
- Complete work promptly with demonstrated attention to detail
- Maintain a friendly, congenial, and helpful attitude while
effectively dealing with guests and other employees.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Assist vehicle and equipment users with mechanical and
- Assist Foreman with paperwork.
- Update scheduled maintenance tags or notices.
- Keep current and well-informed on related topics in the field
of vehicle/equipment maintenance. This job description is an
overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be
an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution
of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position
may change. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Education:
- High school diploma or GED Experience:
- One-year formal training or demonstrated skill in any of the
- auto mechanics
- diesel mechanics
- auto electrical systems
- test equipment
- basic welding
- Two years on the job experience in any or all of the above.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Current First Aid card is desirable
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle
- All shop tools, equipment, and testing instruments
- Computer analyzers
- All area vehicles and equipment, over-snow vehicles, wheeled
vehicles, chainsaws, and pumps
- Gasoline and diesel engines
- Power and hand tools
- Arc and gas welder
- Cutting torch
- Paint sprayer
- Precision and electrical instruments
- Work order forms.
- Earplugs, hearing protection PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
CONDITIONS: This position may be required to work evenings,
weekends, and holidays.
- Stand, over 2/3 of the time.
- Walk, 1/3 to 2/3 of the time.
- Sit, less than 1/3 of the time.
- Move up to 75 lbs., 1/3 of the time (tracks, parts, oil
- Carry 50 lbs. less than 1/3 of the time (parts).
- Push/pull up to 75 lbs, 1/3 of the time.
- Climb/hike, less than 1/3 of the time (ladders, stairs to parts
- Balance on icy terrain, less than 1/3 of the time (outside
- Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, over 2/3 of the time (repairs).
- Reach/handle/finger/feel, over 2/3 of the time (small and large
- ordinary, more than 2/3 of the time
- over loud noise, 1/3 of the time
- ordinary, more than 2/3 of the time
- over loud noise, less than 1/3 of the time
- average acuity/near, over 2/3 of the time
- average acuity/far, less than 1/3 of the time WAGE: The base
hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter
Park Resorts' hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will
vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors
including but not limited to experience, education, training,
location, merit system, quantity or quality of production,
responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range
listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts' total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many
hourly pay range: $20 - $28 DOE OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED: This
position description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution
of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may
change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During
these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and
willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer
others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of
Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation
of the resort and its associated lines of business. AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment
opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We
do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age,
race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status
protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to
Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment,
including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline,
termination, and access to benefits and training. This job
description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this
document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an at-will relationship.Required
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Boulder , Mechanic - Year Round with Benefits!, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!