Company: Caribou Thunder LLC
Posted on: November 14, 2022
System Architect Location: Boulder, COSchedule: Full TimeSalary
Range: $115K-$125KOVERVIEWCaribou Thunder is seeking a System
Architect to plan and execute team projects, develop work packages,
prototypes and customer demonstrations. This role willanalyze
algorithm performance, subsystems, and interfaces, and report
status to customers and management.CLEARANCE
- Secret clearanceEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or related
discipline plus 9 years of related experience
- OR Master's degree plus 7 years of related experience
- OR PhD plus 4 years of related experience RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researching and identifying complex, multi-disciplinary
problems, breaking into components, and designing and implementing
algorithm solutions for a broad range of sensor exploitation
- Sensor output shall be used for identification,
characterization, interpretation, and change detection of objects
- Planning and executing team projects,
- developing work packages,
- developing prototypes and customer demonstrations.
- Analyzing algorithm performance, subsystems, and
- Report status to colleagues, including customers and
- Participate in technical peer reviews and work with various
Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) as well as be cognizant of
algorithm development and integration issues.
- Represent the organization as a technical POC and may have
frequent inter-organizational and customer contacts.QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a working knowledge of sensors, with respect to focal
plane resolution, sensitivity, and line of sight considerations for
the purpose of tracking.
- Knowledge of visible or IR focal planes and other sensor
systems engineering experience is desirable.
- Experience in C/C++ in a spiral development framework.
- Must communicate effectively and clearly present technical
approaches and findings.
- Experience with configuration management software, including
- Experience with C/C++ development tools and integrated
development environments (IDEs).
- Software algorithm development experience for complex,
mathematically intensive systems.
- Knowledge of distributed systems design for scalability and
- Knowledge of scalable shared data solutions.
- Experience refactoring legacy monolithic applications into
- Experience with various IPC solutions.
- Ability to travel on occasion.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Basic skills in MATLAB or Python and system modeling.
- Experience in tracking and prediction algorithms, simulation,
validation, and algorithms.
- Ground systems experience in mission processing, ground
communications, and space operations.
- Experience in the numerical implementation of motion filters.
- Familiarity with Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and
Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR)Sensors and Simulations.
- Experience with APL2, PERL, STK, or logging and parsing tools
- Strong statistical background and skills.
- Experience with model-based engineering.
- Experience with in-memory data sharing platforms (Hazelcast
- Experience with distributed caching.
- Experience with distributed stream processing platforms
(Hazelcast Jet, Apache Flink/Kafka).
- Experience with real-time systems and low latency requirements
with cloud, VM and containerization technologies.
- Experience characterizing, analyzing, troubleshooting, and
tuning performance of distributed systems.
- Experience with RPC.
- Experience with object-oriented software development
(OOD).ABOUT CARIBOU THUNDERCaribou Thunder, LLC is a Woman Owned,
HUBZone Certified, Native American Owned, SBA and SDB Certified
global engineering services company, incorporated in2006. Caribou
Thunder is a Global Service Provider supporting a wide variety of
DoD, Space, and Intelligence programs with consistent growth since
inception to over 100 associates and $10M in annual sales with
solid performancein 35 states across the U.S. and 22 countries
around the world.Caribou Thunder, LLCis anestablished Defense
contractor with nearly 20 years of experience deliveringengineering
services worldwide. We offer industry leading salaries, flexible
work life balance, full range ofbenefits (career development and
mentoring, PTO, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability
insurance,and 401k match). Caribou Thunder, LLC offers meaningful
careeropportunities within a true team-based environment, where
each and every employee matters, contributing to a higher goal
supportingNational Security programs.Caribou Thunder, LLC is
committed to hiring and maintaining a diverse workforce. We are
proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer,
making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. United States citizenship is a requirement
for all positions.R10677#IND123
Keywords: Caribou Thunder LLC, Boulder , System Architect, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!