Sr. Systems Engineer - DevSecOps
Company: Horizontal Talent
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Job descriptionEngineer Senior-Systems -----" DevSecOps You will
lead teams in building and maintaining ci/cd pipelines using
Industry and our best practices. You will be responsible for
defining standards, training, and guiding team members in best
practices of a DevSecOps culture. This position will require a
personality that is enthusiastic, humble, and excited about trying
new technologies to support a successful team. This position
requires skills and experience in continuous delivery
methodologies, deployment strategies, and a deep understanding of
container-based development practices.What You--------ll Do
- Learn and communicate the innerworkings of various elements of
the Software Factory
- Do what it takes to make the Software Factory more usable for
fellow Software Engineers here
- Document the design and implementation using document
generation tools and Model Based Systems Engineering.
- Continually iterate the design and develop of features and
services to be easily reused across different networks
- Design and document policies and practices surrounding the
- Lead the definition of efficient deployment strategies and
support implementation of deployment structures across multiple
- Manage the design, development and implementation of automated
test and deployment pipelines/continuous integration/continuous
- Assess and support tools that support automating unit test,
functional test, build, integration, and deployment into a
- Design and implement CI/CD for Hardware in the loop
- Develop Linux-based software containers to support the build
pipeline (Docker, podman).
- Lead the maintenance of compliance and security controls.
- Train others on the various pipeline stages usage and best
- Support and improve the development process.
- Work independently and collaboratively, especially with ITS, to
develop new features
- Assist ITS in implementing and maintaining Infrastructure as
- Advocate the appropriate use of technology and provide
leadership in balancing technical elegance with functional
requirements and practical benefits as we implement and integrate
- Serve as mentor and lead teammates to promote knowledge sharing
and communication across product development teams.
- Improve and maintain continuous delivery methodologies and
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capability
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.What You--------ll Need
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master--------s Degree or
Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related
technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree
must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited
by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US
Department of Education.
- Experience with DevSecOps and CI/CD pipeline design and
- Experience with GitLab.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience working on projects using Agile methodologies
Experience in deployment and maintenance of monitoring
- Understanding of container-based development and deployment
- Experience with software development and prototyping languages
- Knowledge of Security best practices in the DevSecOps
- Knowledge of some or all of the following
- Docker or other OCI compliant container technology.
- Understanding of basic Linux commands.
- Service Mesh sidecars such as Istio or Envoy.
- Infrastructure as Code such as Helm, Terraform, or
- ELK stack or similar monitoring system.
- Cloud technologies such as AWS or AzureArgoCD.
- Messaging queue technologies such as Kafka.
- Basic knowledge of programming frameworks such as NodeJs,
- Excellent business judgement: know how to prioritize, when to
collaborate, and when to seek assistance.
- Leadership experience at the technical, team, and/or
- Effective communication skills and ability to present
information to various stakeholders.Working Conditions
- We are a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health
and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of
receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that
regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other
states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the
federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some
CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.US
CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Horizontal facilitates valuable and
productive conversations between you and potential employers.-- ---
-We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with
employers that offer challenging assignments.-- --- -For those that
join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits
including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we
have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent
Team. -- -In compliance with Colorado--------s Equal Pay for Equal
Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $15.00 -
$115.00 per hour (hourly rates in other locations could differ).
This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may
vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and
geographic location.PandoLogic. Keywords: Computer Systems
Engineer, Location: Boulder, CO - 80308
Keywords: Horizontal Talent, Boulder , Sr. Systems Engineer - DevSecOps, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!