Engineer - Software Design/Development - Linux for Machine Learning Accelerator
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
Develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications
software or specialized utility programs. Analyzes user needs and
develops software solutions. Designs software or customizes
software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational
efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application
area, working individually or coordinating database development as
part of a team. Modifies existing software to correct errors, allow
it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine
feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Confers
with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design
system and to obtain information on project limitations and
capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Stores,
retrieves, and manipulates data for analysis of system capabilities
and requirements. Designs, develops, and modifies software systems,
using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and
measure outcome and consequences of design.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer
Science, or related field and 6+ years of Software Engineering or
related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer
Science, or related field and 5+ years of Software Engineering or
related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or
related field and 4+ years of Software Engineering or related work
* 3+ years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++,
Java, Python, etc.
* Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer
Science or related field.
* 12+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
* 3+ years of experience with Database Management Software.
* 3+ years of experience with API.
* 3+ years of experience working in a large matrixed
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Gathers, integrates, and interprets information across
sub-systems from a variety of sources in order to troubleshoot
issues and find solutions.
* Serves as a technical expert within area of focus.
* Identifies gaps in design, effort, etc., and closes the gaps.
* Identifies risks associated with designs, approaches, and other
* Collaborates with others inside and outside of project team to
accomplish project objectives.
* Solves complex technical problems that affect significant areas
* Makes decisions based on incomplete, contradictory, and ambiguous
requirements and information that affect policies and multiple
teams in the software development process.
* Manages project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables for
* Acts as a tech lead on projects and owns the outcome of the
* Leads others with technical credibility.
Level of Responsibility:
* Working independently with little supervision.
* Making decisions that are significant in impact; errors are not
readily apparent due to the complexity of work process/product or
time between decisions and results; errors typically result in
significant expenditure of time, resources, and funds to
* Using verbal and written communication skills to convey complex
and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with
differing knowledge levels. May require strong negotiation and
influence, communication to large groups or high-level
* Having a moderate amount of influence over key organizational
decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to provide input
on key decisions).
* Completing tasks that require multiple steps that can be
performed in various orders; tasks require simultaneously executing
multiple cognitive abilities and maintaining information in short-
or long-term memory.
* Exercising exceptional creativity to innovate new ideas and
develop innovative products/processes without established
objectives or known parameters.
* Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple
approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often
information is missing or conflicting; advanced data analysis and
interpretation skills are required.
* Occasionally participates in strategic planning within own area
affecting immediate operations.
The responsibilities of this role do not include:
* Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this
should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If
you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need
an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call
Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm
will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support
individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to
create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only
for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting
agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not
authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or
resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from
agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm
employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or
any other protected classification.
$152,000.00 - $228,000.00
If you would like more information about this role, please contact
Keywords: Qualcomm, Boulder , Engineer - Software Design/Development - Linux for Machine Learning Accelerator, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!