Company: Boulder Community Hospital
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Full Time, Nights. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 7:00pm to 7:00am. 36
hours/week. Pay Range is between $20.00-$23.20/hr, depending on
years of relevant and like experience. **Range includes night
differential. +$2.50/hr for evening and weekend shifts. Boulder
Community Health is a Certified Level II Trauma Center. In 2022, we
celebrated the 100th anniversary of the founding of our
organization. We are honored to hold the awards of 2021 U.S. News &
World Best Hospitals for Maternity Care, 2019 Best Medical Facility
from Boulder Weekly, and Best Local Employer from Daily Camera.
Come be part of an independent, community-focused health system;
feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in peoples
lives and positively contribute to the community. POSITION SUMMARY
The security officer maintains the safety and security of, and
provides assistance to employees, members of the medical staff,
patients and visitors. The Security Officer also protects all
Boulder Community Hospital buildings and property. JOB
QUALIFICATIONS Education or Formal Training High school graduate
desired. Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, Etc.)
- Valid driver's license.
- Good driving record.
- BLS by end of conditional period.
- Certify in Threat Pattern Recognition (TPR) within 1 month of
hire and recertify annually thereafter.
- IAHSS certification may be required for other advanced versions
of this job.
- Certify in Taser training and use within six months of hire and
re-certify annually thereafter. Knowledge, Skill And Ability
- Must possess excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to de-escalate situations and to act calmly in times of
direct conflict. Experience Previous security experience preferred.
- Makes regular, frequent and thorough security rounds as
prescribed by policy.
- Is available to assist visitors and staff, as well as
ambulance, police, fire and helicopter personnel.
- Intervenes with difficult or disruptive patients and/or
visitors with the lowest level intervention possible.
- Problem-solves situations and acts in a well-thought out
- Discovers and corrects any problems which may make an area a
security or safety risk.
- Conducts himself/herself in a courteous and professional
- Communicates effectively, conveying information verbally and in
writing; consults with and/or advises other personnel regarding
- Keeps accurate security logs and completes security reports for
- Reviews pass on information with oncoming shift, any posted
notices and the previous shifts' logs before the beginning of each
- Reports any problems or needed maintenance to Engineering.
- Maintains up-to-date training in low-level interventions,
high-level interventions, ASP, PPCT, Taser training and use of
- Assists in the acquisition, movement, and proper storage of the
deceased in the hospital morgue. To include the release of same
proper representatives of mortuaries and/ or the coroner.
- Ability to stand a stationary office watch, alarm monitoring,
surveillance cameras, report generations, radio dispatch, and data
entry screens as required. WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL
- Must have the ability to lift, move, and manipulate at least 50
- Must have the ability to physically control individuals
exhibiting aggressive behavior.
- Must have the ability to write accurate, legible reports.
- Able to work in areas both inside and outside the building that
are not well lighted, heated or air conditioned, or which may be
dirty and dusty.
- Must be able to think clearly, prioritize requests and respond
and communicate quickly, clearly and concisely in times of crisis.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado Uncompromising
medical excellence delivered with respect and compassion. Since
1922, Boulder Community Health has built a strong reputation on
these values. As community-owned and operated not-for-profit
hospital and clinic locations, we remain dedicated to the evolving
needs of our citizens and providing access to high-quality care.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the Boulder
lifestyle is conductive to enjoying the outdoors and brings a fresh
perspective to healthcare practice. Surround yourself by natural
beauty and an active, life-embracing community. Enjoy
state-of-the-art facilities and equipment along with competitive
compensation and benefits, including health/dental/life, tuition
reimbursement, on-site fitness center, Employee Wellness, Employee
Activities & Discounts, and many more! EOE/Affirmative
Keywords: Boulder Community Hospital, Boulder , Security Officer, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!