Postdoctoral position - NCAR
Company: MPOWIR Mentoring Physical Oceanography Women to In
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Where You Will WorkLocated in Boulder, Colorado, the National
Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) is one of the world's
premier scientific institutions, with an internationally recognized
staff and research program dedicated to advancing knowledge,
providing community-based resources, and building human capacity in
the atmospheric and related sciences.What You Will DoConduct
research on interactions between climate variability and change
with dissolved oxygen distributions in the ocean. Use a combination
of numerical models and observational data to study the global
ocean. Emphasis on application and development of the ocean
component of the Community Earth System Model, include global
eddy-resolving configurations. Identify key science questions of
interest regarding interactions between climate and ocean
- Perform analysis of model solutions and observations to
document and describe processes driving ocean oxygen variability
- Contribute to designing, configuring and running numerical
experiments with the CESM ocean component.
- Present results at conferences and seminars; publish results in
the peer-reviewed scientific literature.
- Contribute to the development of analysis software.What You
- A Ph.D. or equivalent experience in oceanography, atmospheric
science, applied mathematics, computational science, engineering,
or a related physical science; demonstrated understanding of
geophysical fluid dynamics, computational fluid dynamics, and ocean
biogeochemistry; research experience in a relevant field, with
contributions to refereed journals.
- Expertise in oceanography with specific emphasis on
biogeochemistry or climate variability.
- Experience developing and running global to regional ocean
general circulation models.
- Proficiency writing and modifying scientific codes, especially
in Fortran and Python.
- Expertise working with large geophysical data sets, including
climate model output.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, especially for
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Your
email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Comment * Name * E-mail * Website
Keywords: MPOWIR Mentoring Physical Oceanography Women to In, Boulder , Postdoctoral position - NCAR, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!