All Mountain Coach - Winter Season
Company: Winter Park Resort
Posted on: November 19, 2022
SeasonalWho We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the
closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don't be fooled by
our convenient location, though... you'll feel remotely tucked away
in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to
765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless
adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience.
Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort
or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and
an awesome experience waiting for you!Who We Are Looking For:
Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure
seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences,
marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep
you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your
first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a
long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to
play... Are you in?Perks & Benefits: There's more than a free
season pass waiting for you! You don't just get a job at Winter
Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our
team, you'll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are
available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided!POSITION SUMMARY:Essential Duties and Responsibilities:To
mentor and coach participants aged 10 to 18 in Competition Center
All Mountain Programs in an enthusiastic and effective manner that
helps the participants set and achieve goals in advanced skiing
technique and potentially competition, and to inspire life-long
enjoyment in sport.
- Plan and supervise daily training for participants as scheduled
by the Development Director.
- Create and monitor a personal development plan for each
- Assure high standards for safety in all training
- Assure that all facilities and equipment are properly
maintained and stored.
- Provide positive feedback on a daily basis to participants and
submit written mid-season and year-end evaluations on each
- Communicate needs to effectively do job on a daily basis to
- Participate in coaches meetings, briefings, and other
professional functions as directed by the Development
- Become familiar with the Competition Center program offerings
and provide guidance to guests to ensure continued growth and
- Possible day travel to local events and races and responsible
of on-hill coaching and team registration.
- Enforce athlete code-of-conduct and hold self and athletes to
the highest standard of behavior.
- Address any breach of conduct immediately and inform/involve
other staff as necessary.
- Assist athletes in the selection, care, and maintenance of
- Maintain a friendly, congenial, and helpful attitude while
effectively dealing with guests and employees.
- Report any unsafe conditions that may affect employee or public
- Assist with the successful production of certain events and
- Perform other duties as assigned.Supervisory Responsibilities:
No staff supervisory responsibilities. Will supervise athletes in
coaching group.Personal Attributes:All job descriptions will have
the following statements to reflect our culture:
- Strong leadership and communication skills to develop
successful coach/athlete mentoring relationships.
- A team player interested in both the success of own group and
other team members.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity.
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information.
- Professional appearance. Not only adheres to grooming
guidelines, but is comfortable in discussing a lack thereof with
- Follows established policies and procedures. Is supportive of
Core Values. Sets the example for others and is above reproach. Is
comfortable to challenge policies and procedures, but once
established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has
good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure
- Is flexible with hours and days of work. Is able to work
designated shifts. Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and
work, to have good balance in life.Physical Demands:
- Must be able to ski all terrain on the mountain
- Must be able work on uneven terrain in frequent inclement
- Withstand physical exertion at elevations higher than 11,000
feet above sea level.Education/Experience:
- High school graduate or GED is required.
- Advanced level skiing or snowboarding skills and knowledge as
indicated by demonstration to Development Director.
- Equivalent to skills required for Level 100 education in USSA
(S. Ski & Snowboard Association) Coaches Education program or Level
- Minimum of one season as a coach in an organized USSA,
collegiate, or high school program; competitive experience at the
USSA level; or at least one year of experience as an instructor in
an organized ski school is desirable.Special Skills/Equipment:Must
enjoy working with kids and possess strong leadership and
communication skills. Uniform must be worn at all times while
skiing during work hours. Radio must be worn during all training
sessions if required. May use drills, gate wrench, flex poles,
digital video equipment, ski or board tuning equipment.WAGE:The
base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of
Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay
will vary and may be above or below the range based on various
factors including but not limited to experience, education,
training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many
region-specific benefits.hourly pay range: $18.00 - $26.00 per
hourAN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:Winter Park Resort is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of
employment.We do not discriminate against applicants or employees
on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or
any other status protected by state or local law.Winter Park Resort
will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with
known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of
employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation,
discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.This
job description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this
document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Boulder , All Mountain Coach - Winter Season, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!