Company: Boulder County, CO
Posted on: November 20, 2022
The department of Housing and Human Services is currently searching
for a Housing Specialist.
The Housing Specialist administers a Housing Choice Voucher
(Section 8) caseload; performs a variety of duties requiring
knowledge of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
(HUD) rules and regulations. The Specialist administers BCHA's
intake and waitlist process, including reviewing pre-applications,
conducting meetings with prospective clients, collecting
eligibility documentation, performing data entry, completing intake
packets, obtaining proof of verifications, compiling files,
preparing documents, reviewing leases, and auditing files. The
Specialist also assists the Section 8 team with day-to-day
operations as it relates to collecting documents, processing
recertifications, file compliance, and audit preparation.
This is afull-time, benefitted position. The work schedule is
within core business hours of Monday through Friday 8-4:30pm or
with flex schedule. This position will primarily work in the
Longmont Hub 515 Coffman St, Longmont, CO 80501 with the potential
of a hybrid/remote schedule. Boulder County requires its employees
to reside in the state of Colorado as of the first day of work.
Under FLSA guidelines, this position is non-exempt(eligible for
Hiring Salary Range: $49,272.00 - $60,162.00 Annually
Classification Salary Range: $49,272.00 - $71,052.00 Annually
Tentative Hiring Timeline:
* Phone Screening: November 28th
* First Round Interviews: December 5th
* Second Round Interviews: December 10th
Examples of Duties
1. Provide program information to applicants, participants,
other agencies, and the public
2. Administer intake and eligibility screening process, including
review, interviews, eligibility documentation, administering
criminal background reports, reviewing leases, and auditing
3. Administer HCV wait list
4. Perform HQS inspections (or coordinate with contractor)
according to HUD Housing Quality Standards (HQS) regulations
5. Perform interim and annual recertifications
6. Prepare and maintain program and client reports and records in a
variety of data systems
7. Promptly respond to the needs of clients, answer questions,
resolve housing-related problems, make appropriate referrals to
resources, and coordinate with case management staff
8. Collaborate with case managers, internal staff, and safety net
community partners on issues relevant to the client's case to
ensure seamless and coordinated wrap-around services
9. Calculate and authorize distribution of HCV rental
10. Work EIV discrepancies, calculate repayment agreements, and
recommendations regarding termination of assistance if not in
compliance with program requirements to ensure responsible
stewardship of federal funds
11. Manages special project voucher caseloads as needed could
include HCV portability, NED, VASH, FUP, Mainstream, RAD/PBV
12. Participate in termination hearings and compiling
13. Perform relevant work as assigned
14. May be reassigned in emergency situations
PLEASE NOTE: When submitting your application, be sure to include
all relevant education and experience, as applications are screened
based on the qualifications listed in this position announcement.
Applications that do not appear to meet minimum qualifications, as
outlined below, will not be considered. Resumes are not accepted in
lieu of completed applications.
Please be aware that your cover letter and resume will not be
accessed in the initial screening process, so you must complete
your application and supplemental questions with as much detail as
possible. Any personally identifiable information (PII) such as
name and address will be redacted from applications that meet the
minimum screening requirements and are forwarded to the hiring
manager. If the hiring manager selects you to advance in the hiring
process, your cover letter and resume will then be accessible to
the hiring team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Boulder County is looking for well-qualified candidates to fill our
positions. In this position, we are looking for a minimum of a high
school diploma/equivalent plus at least 2 years of relevant housing
programs human service programs experience.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK:
* Applicants must pass a criminal background check
* Bilingual (Spanish/English)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Experience working with low-income families and
individuals.Thorough knowledge of HUD and CHFA rules and
regulationsspecifically related to Housing Choice Voucher Program.
Experienceworking with diverse populations
* Ability to communicate effectively with other employees,
agencies,and the public.Ability to use a personal computer for word
processing and data entry
* Familiarity with local human service community resources,
andreferral linkage experience preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong math skills and be comfortable with review and analysis
offinancialand, analysis of simple statistical information.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills;
demonstratethe ability to be self-motivated, prioritize multiple
projects, and bedetail-oriented.
* Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
* Customer Focused: Anticipates customer needs and provides
Boulder County is a family-friendly workplace dedicated to
fostering a diverse, inclusive, and respectful environment for all
employees. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants
and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status,
sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Boulder County, CO, Boulder , Housing Specialist, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!