IT Systems Specialist- Year Round
Company: Winter Park Resort
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.
Year Round Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the
closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don't be fooled by
our convenient location, though you'll feel remotely tucked away in
our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000
acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and
an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are
fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just
wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome
experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain
lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase
new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the
adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are
looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies
or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We
work to play Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There's more than a free season pass waiting for
you! You don't just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience
and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you'll enjoy a variety of
perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and
seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided! POSITION SUMMARY
The IT Systems Specialist (ITSS) will work as an intermediary
member of the IT Operations team, assisting with strategic
execution, administration, and implementation of the organizations
core IT systems, including server, network, and cloud platforms.
With direction from IT Systems Administrators, IT Network
Administrators, and the IT Operations Manager, the ITSS will
perform skilled work in the operation, installation, configuration,
troubleshooting, and maintenance of server and network systems,
computers, software, point-of-sale systems, mobile devices, weather
instrumentation, industrial controls, and other related equipment.
This role will also serve in a support capacity and as an
escalation resource for day to day incident and support
The ITSS will be expected to participate in Enterprise working
groups and project teams in support of local Resort and Alterra
Enterprise strategic initiatives.
Using a variety of methodologies and prior experience, the ITSS
will assist with implementation and support of business
initiatives, as well as participate in proof-of-concept exercises,
evaluation of hardware and software solutions considered for
purchase. Duties also include the maintenance of
records/documentation and completion of reports and inventory
control, including independent recommendation and procurement of a
variety of operations equipment, consumables, parts, tools, and
other IT assets.
Excellent customer service skills are required to provide
responsive service to fellow staff, outside vendors, and end users,
ensuring that the department establishes and maintains cooperative
working relationships. The ITSS must be able to work under pressure
and deadlines, carry out written and oral directions, and
prioritize support requests to meet business objectives, and engage
in both independent and structured study and training courses.
The ITSS will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all
applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and
- The organization uses a ticket work management system that
follows ITIL processes. Tickets should be addressed in a timely
manner, and ITIL processes should be followed.
- The IT Systems Specialist may be assigned specific IT systems,
such as servers, network, wireless, backup, storage, telecom,
SaaS/IaaS, etc, in which they will be developed as a subject matter
expert so they may assist in maintaining, upgrading, monitoring,
and managing the long-term life-cycle of the system.
- The IT Systems Specialist will use, modify, apply, develop, and
maintain a library of PowerShell scripts and code snippets at an
intermediary level, with the expectation to provide stable and
repeatable results. With direction, the ITSS will participate in
code review, troubleshooting, and enhancements to new and existing
- The IT Systems Specialist will act as an escalation point for
the IT Support Specialists to resolve incident and service request
tickets and calls.
- Coordinating and maintaining effective communication with all
staff members and vendors is essential. The IT Systems Specialist
responds to technical and non-technical situations in a friendly,
- The IT Systems Specialist is required to work closely with
other IT staff, other departments, as well as the IT Operations
Manager to ensure computer and network systems are working
efficiently and internal processes are being followed.
- Clear documentation is necessary so each member of the team is
capable of helping to support our systems. Documentation and
inventory of computer systems must be thorough, accurate, and
comply with standards established by the IT Operations
- The IT Systems Specialist position is a salary exempt position
(meaning exempt from overtime). Normal work hours for this position
are five days a week, 8am to 5pm, with a one hour lunch break.
Variations from the normal work hours may be scheduled by the IT
- Winter Park Resort is a 24-hour operation and requires this
position to be flexible in work schedules. The position is often
required to be staffed on weekends and holidays. Occasionally late
night shifts will be required to perform maintenance and upgrades
on critical systems during hours of low utilization. The position
is required to participate in an on-call rotation after normal
hours as scheduled by the IT Operations Manager.
- Alterra/Winter Park Resort team members must read, understand,
and abide by all procedures and guidelines defined by Alterra,
Winter Park Resort, the IT Director, and the IT Operations Manager.
Compliance with "The Winter Park Employee Handbook" and the Alterra
policies, whenever representing their position, are mandatory. This
job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and
is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and
expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the
responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- College degree in Information Systems or related field desired;
Equivalent work experience required. Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in the installation,
maintenance, and repair of computers and related equipment and
- Must have a minimum of 1 years' experience in the installation,
maintenance, and repair of server and/or network systems.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A valid Colorado Driver's License is required. May also be
required to obtain a license or specific training for off-road
vehicles or snow machines.
- Strong technical skills and ability to troubleshoot
- Strong abilities to read, create, and interpret technical
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently, while
closely collaborating with management on broader IT projects.
- Experience with PowerShell, and a functional knowledge of
scripting for Windows environments
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Microsoft
Windows, and MacOS.
- Experience with setup and support of mobile devices including
Windows mobile devices, iOS and Android devices.
- Experience with low-voltage Category (Cat5e/Cat6) cabling,
installation, termination, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with 2.4 & 5 GHz 802.11 wireless network
architecture and maintenance.
- Experience with VoIP telephone systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory systems as well as
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server environments.
- Experience with Linux/Unix server environments is
- Experience with virtual server environments including VMware
ESXi, and VM backup systems.
- Experience with point-of-sale systems and associated
peripherals is preferred.
- Experience with PCI and SOX compliance preferred.
- Rudimentary exposure or working knowledge of Ethernet
networking, LAN/WAN network technologies, the OSI model, TCP/IP,
switching, routing, Wi-Fi, IP addressing, DHCP, DNS, and
- Familiarity with enterprise-class server systems.
- Familiarity with cloud management systems and/or SaaS portals
The base salary pay range below represents the low and high end of
Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position . click
apply for full job details
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Boulder , IT Systems Specialist- Year Round, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!