Scientist, Cell-Based Assays
Posted on: November 21, 2022
VitriVax, Inc. is creating thermostable, single-injection
vaccines using an innovative technology platform called ALTA---. -
Fundamentally, ALTA--- products are formulations of antigens that
use an innovative manufacturing process combining particle
engineering technologies from the pharmaceutical and semiconductor
industries. - Thermostable, single-injection products will
revolutionize the vaccine industry and have attracted significant
industry, government, and philanthropic interest. - Learn more
about VitriVax by visiting our website, . - If you are interested
in joining VitriVax, Inc. we are always looking for talented
individuals. - Below is one opportunity to help make vaccines
assessable to everyone. - See all opportunities at VitriVax, Inc:
The Scientist position in Preclinical Research will develop,
refine, and implement several cell-based assays to evaluate the
stability of mRNA-containing lipid nanoparticles and to
characterize the immune response to ALTA--- vaccine products. - The
ideal candidate has a doctorate in Cell Biology, Immunology,
Virology, or a related discipline with experience in mammalian
cell-based assays for gene expression or immune characterization.
-This role reports to the Head of Preclinical Research. - This is a
full-time position, located in Boulder Colorado.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintains laboratory notebook and equipment logs consistent
- Conducts research to design and standardize cell-based
immunological methods (such as multi-panel Flow Cytometry ELISA,
ELISPOT, Luminex, antibody neutralization assays, antigen
- Utilizes the above methods to conduct research on the stability
of mRNA-containing lipid nanoparticles or to characterize the
immune response to ALTA--- vaccine products.
- Authors study plans, reports, and SOPs as required and in line
with Company policies.
- May be required to perform basic animal handling
- May be required to perform murine serological analysis for
antibody titer determination.
- Manage, execute, and report results from protocol driven
- Conduct literature reviews, summarize findings and make
- Assist with general lab operations to advance the goals of
Preclinical Research including equipment maintenance, record upkeep
and organization, and authoring SOPs.
- Adheres to Company policies and safety guidelines. Education
- Doctorate in Cell Biology, Immunology, Virology, or a related
scientific discipline, or Bachelor's degree with 5 years'
experience in laboratory research.
- Extensive experience in cell-based techniques, microplate
assays, and cell culture.
- Experienced with BSL1 and BSL2 lab safety practices.Core Skills
and Competencies:All VitriVax employees are expected to share the
following values and skills. Transparent Communication Excellent
verbal and written communication. Lets the data speak without spin
Teamwork Excellent people skills and emotional intelligence
Company, project, and function goals ahead of individual goals.
Organized Excellent planning and committed to execution Executes
with an eye on the goal (big picture) and path forward Analytical
Excellent problem-solving Defines problems analytically and allows
data to drive decisions Quality Excellent quality practices A right
first-time mindset with a focus on the elimination of waste Salary
and Benefits:The position may be filled at the Scientist level. -
As written, the job description is targeting the Scientist level. -
The level will be determined by the applicant's experience and
alignment with current and future responsibilities
- Scientist (Ph.D. with relevant research) salary range $85,000
- RAII (BS plus experience) salary range $70,000 to $95,000.
- Stock options.
- 401(k) with generous Company match
- Flexible work schedule
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance VitriVax, Inc., is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race,
color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status,
age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal,
state, or local law. VitriVax, Inc., requires all staff to be
vaccinated against communicable diseases as recommended by the CDC
prior to employment.
Keywords: VitriVax, Boulder , Scientist, Cell-Based Assays, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!