Data Engineer, TIFIN
Company: TIFIN Wealth
Posted on: November 22, 2022
WHO WE ARE:
TIFIN is a fintech platform backed by industry leaders including JP
Morgan, Morningstar, Broadridge, Hamilton Lane, Franklin Templeton,
Motiv Partners and a who's who of the financial service industry.
We are creating engaging wealth experiences to better financial
lives through AI and investment intelligence powered
personalization. We are working to change the world of wealth in
ways that personalization has changed the world of movies, music
and more but with the added responsibility of delivering better
We use design and behavioral thinking to enable engaging
experiences through software and application programming interfaces
(APIs). We use investment science and intelligence to build
algorithmic engines inside the software and APIs to enable better
In a world where every individual is unique, we match them to
financial advice and investments with a recognition of their
distinct needs and goals across our investment marketplace and our
advice and planning divisions.
* Shared Understanding through Listening and Speaking the Truth. We
communicate with radical candor, precision and compassion to create
a shared understanding. We challenge, but once a decision is made,
commit fully. We listen attentively, speak candidly.
* Innovate with Creative Solutions. We believe that disruptive
innovation begins with curiosity and creativity. We challenge the
status quo and problem solve to find new answers.
* Make Magic for our Users. We center around the voice of the
customer. With deep empathy for our clients, we create technology
that transforms investor experiences.
* I Win for Teamwin. We believe in staying within our genius zones
to succeed. We inspire each other with our energy and attitude.
When we tap into our unique potential, we can come together to win
together. We fly in formation, we cover each other's backs.
* Grow at the Edge. We are driven by personal growth. We get out of
our comfort zone and keep egos aside to find our genius zones. We
strive to be the best we can possibly be. No excuses.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
We have a built a centralized data platform at TIFIN, leveraging
the combined data from all of our services to build a more complete
picture of what investors want. It provides digital distribution
insights and infrastructure for asset managers, derived from
proprietary, partner, and third-party data.
We are looking for an ambitious Data Engineer to join the Distill
team. The ideal candidate is excited to build and optimize a
distributed data platform for machine learning and is an
experienced data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and
building them from the ground up. We are looking for someone
excited to join a team where they can make an impact and who is
results-and execution-oriented. We are a team of do-ers!
* Assemble, splice, and merge large, complex data sets that meet
functional / non-functional business requirements
* Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction,
transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data
sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies like Redshift and
* Develop event streaming architecture to load data into a Customer
* Design and build ETL pipelines to dynamically ingest data
* Build a Data Vault that combines events with batch data
* Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements:
automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing
infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
* Create datasets for analytics and data scientist team members
that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an
innovative industry leader
* Work with stakeholders, including the Executive, Product, Data,
and Design teams, to assist with data-related technical issues and
support their data infrastructure needs
* Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries
through multiple data centers and AWS regions
* Manage technical optimization for maximum speed and
WHO YOU ARE:
* Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent
* 2+ years of increasing responsibility in technical data roles
* Real-world experience developing highly scalable solutions
designed to democratize data to everyone in an organization
* Strong coding skills in Python
* Experience designing and building ETL pipelines
* Expertise in various big data technologies, both open source and
cloud native, AWS preferred (Kinesis, Athena, Spark, Airflow)
* Ability to work comprehensively with various databases (Postgres,
SQL, MongoDB, etc.)
* Expertise in data model design with sensitivity to usage patterns
and goals - schema, scalability, immutability, idempotency,
* Track record of choosing the proper transit, storage, and
analytical technology to simplify and optimize the user
* Ability to thrive in a highly demanding, entrepreneurial, and
* Highly flexible, good tolerance for ambiguity, and able to
quickly adapt to changing priorities
* A top performer with a proactive approach who has a "doer" &
* An exceptional team player with strong communication skills
* A local presence in Denver or Boulder is preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The expected starting salary range for this position is between
$120,000 - $160,000. Applicable salary ranges may differ across
markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and
other job-related factors permitted by law. The position is also
eligible for incentive compensation.
TIFIN offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
* Performance linked variable compensation, including equity
* Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
* Flexible Spending Account
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Flexible PTO policy and Company-paid holidays
* Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities
* Fully stocked office kitchens
* Company sponsored events like Qi Gong, Lunch & Learns,
Development Workshops, Dinners, Happy Hours, and more!
* The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing
A note on location. While we have team centers in New York City,
San Francisco, Charlotte, and Mumbai, TIFIN is headquartered in
Boulder, CO and our preference is to build the team here whenever
possible, so relocation packages are available for any candidate
willing to relocate to the Boulder area.
TIFIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and values the
multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce
brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: TIFIN Wealth, Boulder , Data Engineer, TIFIN, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!